+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: would you smack your children?

LostNotFound Guest
    me and my SO were talking and considering he is the softest person i know i would be surprised if he hit our kids. but he does have a temper just not with me i didn't get hit coz i was the nerdy kid lol i didnt do anything bad. i think he got a few smackings here and there

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    That makes me really sad to read. You must be a really good son.
    no i put my parents through hell as a teenager, i just realise now as i get older that parenting is a very hard job - and sometimes you have to do whats best for your child instead of doing what they would like you to do, if that means a beating every now and then to instill values in them so be it

IMO, all that instills is fear. I don't believe values can actually be beaten into someone.

In fact, one of my values is that beating people is wrong.
    Spammer Spanker

call it what you want to call it, if you dont start trouble at school out of "fear" or "values" it ends up with the same result

there is a main difference between east and west when it comes to this issue, you whites seem to be really soft and really like to "talk" it out, while that may work with some, most will just see it as weakness and a failure to act....especially children as they have little regard to how the world works

on the other hand, if you get clipped every time you stole something, eventually the child will learn that stealing is wrong because he got a consequence (his head will hurt) for stealing

there is a difference between being a ****ing child beater and trying to discipline your child

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My parents were believers in corporal punishment. I think it was much more socially acceptable back when I was a kid. However, it didn't work on me, and my brother still hates my parents to this day because of it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

No, no hitting my kids...and if anyone would try I would hit them and have no problem with it.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12