+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guys, help me out here please

Quote Originally Posted by depressed View Post
    you weren't dating and you would have gotten married?? i'm not a believer, this may be why i'm so doomed!!
    That was sensitive.
    [/SIGPIC]"There's coffee in that Nebula."

Captain Kathryn Janeway
    Star Trek Voyager

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I can't believe you could actually say you have no reason not to trust him. Quite honestly, I think YOU need counseling. No woman in her right mind would have tolerated this for six long years.

PS - People who use the idea of God this way give God a bad rap.
    I agree. I find 90 percent of religious people hyporcrits.

The guys totally insane, can't belive you spent 6 years with him. Your self esteem must be low.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by yodedp29 View Post
    I've noticed something here. It might be...easy to sort of look down the nose at people like me, who have had their faith used against them, but let me just say for sensitivity's sake that it happens more often than you think. There is a whole branch of psychology dedicated to the field of "spiritual abuse" and it's okay if you think I'm stupid or gullible, that's fine. Walk a mile in my shoes before you judge.
    I think it would take a particular psychological makeup to be able to walk a mile in your shoes, no offense intended. This really wasn't ever a religious matter, in my opinion. I'm glad you got the help you needed.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

If the name of the game is to blame myself, don't worry on that score; I've done enough of blaming myself. Thank you very much for your support and for not being afraid to tell the unvarnished truth. Religion has more to do with people's psychological makeup than you think, although it was not the sole cause of everything.

It's my fault. No problem.

Oh, my God. Jon is going to have a lot of 'splaining to do in the afterlife, which will probably begin shortly after he gets hit with a lightning bolt.

Anyway, enough about him. I don't care about his nutty ass. I'm concerned about why you let this fool string you along for such a long time. I'm thinking he was something to hide behind so you didn't have to face a real relationship, and the terrors of the possibility of being left by someone you love, etc.

I feel you. My parents: violent melodrama. My history: married a man I didn't really love because love freaked me out. My attitude toward you: total sympathy.

So you made some mistakes. At least you're not legally bound to this kook. Aren't you lucky? You must be in freefall, though. He provided a certain amount of structure to your life, even if there was no satisfaction there.

So now what?
    Spammer Spanker

So now what?

Freedom.
    [/SIGPIC]"There's coffee in that Nebula."

Captain Kathryn Janeway
    Star Trek Voyager

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I'm concerned about why you let this fool string you along for such a long time.
    This inquiry is irrelevant and of no good to this woman now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    So now what?
    That's more like it.

my bf is from the bronx.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by thelonius View Post
    ]

Perhaps, it would be ideal holding some faith in the goodness of humanity.
    I don't believe people are inherently good (or evil). In my experience, there are roughly similar numbers of actively good and actively bad people out there, and the vast majority are neither good nor bad because that would take too much effort.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by thelonius View Post

If your above-mentioned statement is true, then the things [and others with similar interests] that I had done to date, is a complete waste of time!
    Quit acting like a martyr. You are supposed to do these kinds of things because they need to be done, whether or not people are deserving of it.

You aren't the first person on this board to advocate service to humanity, and you mistakenly (and arrogantly) assume you are the only person around here who serves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12