+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is it usual for total stranger to pick ups girls

is it usual for total stranger to pick ups girls

a guy (a total stranger) came up to me in the subway the other day and started talking to me and asking me questions about myself. He said he saw me around campus (although I have never seen him), just moved into the city and had trouble making friends. Maybe he just wants to make friends or he has other intentions. This has never happened to me before and I have asked my guy friends about this and they said it is unusual (especially in a city). He seemed like a really nice guy and is very attractive. However I am frightened by the prospects of him being a serial killer (lol) or just plain crazy. I have his email, should I get to know him better or just forget it? Is this normal or unusual for a guy to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    a guy (a total stranger) came up to me in the subway the other day and started talking to me and asking me questions about myself. He said he saw me around campus (although I have never seen him), just moved into the city and had trouble making friends. Maybe he just wants to make friends or he has other intentions. This has never happened to me before and I have asked my guy friends about this and they said it is unusual (especially in a city). He seemed like a really nice guy and is very attractive. However I am frightened by the prospects of him being a serial killer (lol) or just plain crazy. I have his email, should I get to know him better or just forget it? Is this normal or unusual for a guy to do this?
    When you say "the city".. are you talking about Manhattan?

If you were a totally random stranger that he just saw in the subway and he came up to you and wanted to get to know you better.. (later!) that would be creepy..

However, maybe he saw you in the campus you're talking about, then maybe he heard you say something, or maybe he heard something about you that sparked his interest (not attraction; just interest).. and the fact that he's new to the city, means that he actually hasn't met too many quality people yet, so maybe he's testing to see if you fit that fun-bill and are interesting enough to hang out with..

Could also very-well be the case that he's also interested to see if you fit the gf-bill and are interesting enough to possibly date..

I depends on how many friends he has in the city.. if he's a social guy and not shy.. you can reason that you can fit in EITHER category.. but if he's a social guy with alot of friends already; you can reason that you fit in the gf-bill category.. if he's shy without enough friends.. most likely you fit in the fun-bill category.. but it's really not creepy.. in fact, he's done nothing (from what you've mentioned so far) that would be construed as creepy, needy, pushy..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it is VERY common for strange men to approach you, and you can expect this to happen on a semi-regular basis if you are a decent looking girl. This guy may or may not be creepy, but if you think you might want to get together with him, meet him in a public place, and use your own transportation. Don't give him your address and DON'T be alone with him under any circumstance until you know him better.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yup. It's normal.
    Spammer Spanker

No. of such approaches ∝ your attractiveness!
    Aidan
    [URL="http://psciencelove.blogspot.com/"]Pseudo-science of Love[/URL]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC
    ][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

normal, take precautions, but dont be paranoid.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you find it happening too much, wear a ring on the 3rd finger of your left hand. When unwanted attention happens, you can just wave you hand & shrug as if to say 'sorry'.

(of course if you DO want the attention, you can explain the ring or remove it)