+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So I was asked to see a movie today...

So I was asked to see a movie today...

...by this girl I used to work with, I keep in touch with her every now and then. She asks me to go see Farenheit 9/11 or watever it's called. never seen it, probably never planned on seeing it. she says "it's not like a date or anything, just thought you'd want to see it with me, and everyone i know has already seen it" so i told her i might go, and she asks me if i was just saying that or if i really am going to join her...what's this supposed to mean???? so i didn't want to flake so i'm going to see it with her, i don't really see her in that certain way, only because she's one of those girls you see as nothing but a friend, due to the fact that my feelings were elsewhere i guess. she and i talk about relationships from time to time. should i consider this another friend kickin' it with another friend? or should i consider her asking me to hang out with her to see if there's something more?
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

It really depends, last night was asked to go along on a ride about an hour away by someone I work with. I wasn't sure if I would and she kept asking. I ended up going but it was purely a friend thing. If the girl is pretty outgoing then my guess would be friends, if she is shy than maybe its more. BTW that movie isnt very good for a date.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Dont fret this one-shes asking as a friend. Have a good time let her pay even! Hell why not? Free movie free popcorn and you like her company so go to the movies Panda!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

I'm with Squirrley!!! Go the movies and have fun - if you get any weird signals let us know and we will try to help you decode. (Or you could just lean over and plant a big kiss on her - that'll make the situation real clear, real fast.)

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

haha! thanks you guys!/gals! i'm assuming it to be just a friend thing too. i just hope it isn't anything more. i can't handle that thing we call love right now. it's too much. and ya she's not really outgoing. she's the shy type. she's only outgoing towards the people she already knows. i'm the opposite. i'm shy to people i know and i can be watever around strangers...since they don't know me they can't embarass me. and ya that movie she just wants to see like really bad. so i'm gonna hang out with her. and then i'll accidentally make her go to the spiderman 2 room.
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

lol haha

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'd say nevermind where it is going. if you worry too much about what may or may not happen, you'd be expecting something. you should just go and see the movie with her, and take it from there. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

k people. i went to see that movie. before anything...i recommend you wall watch that movie. it will make you so angry at Bush that you'll definitely want to vote this november. that's if you're in the states. it makes me so upset.
    so ya we went to see it and then we went bar-hopping afterwards. she owed me a drink. i ended up paying for her ticket to the movies. i didn't mind. it was cool. so we went to drink and we got to talking about anything and everything. i was pretty hammered. i was touching her arm almost the whole time. when she talked to me she was doing the same or at least trying to hold my hand but was just awkward about it. towards the end of the nite i had my arm around her but it was to hold me up. i was about to yak. i didn't tho. it was cool. she drove because of the fact that i didn't feel like driving. i gave her a hug afterwards and she left. it was a fun nite. i can see myself with her but it's all on her i guess cuz i'm hopeless. haha. i so wanted to kiss her, but felt it wasn't right.