+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More workout questions for any1 in the know...

Booba, all of your advice is physiologically inaccurate. Fat does not convert to muscle. You'd best stick to what you know best: being miserable.

anachronistic Guest
    Based on Wikipedia articles that I've read (correct me if I am wrong) The energy stored in fat cells is used up, and that's part of the way flab disappears. Then there are muscles under all those fat cells, which build up based on how much work you put them through. Dummied down

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Booba, all of your advice is physiologically inaccurate. Fat does not convert to muscle. You'd best stick to what you know best: being miserable.
    Yes it does, unless you sweat it all out. Energy always stays. If you spend it, that means you have just given it somewhere else, fat don't just dissapear into thin air. Fat means you have all the energy, but no bridge to get it, so its just dead weight. I never meant it to be all physiological, its physics and philosophy which you probably missed. Basically what lillie and wikipedia said. Don't just read posts, think also.

And of course everyone is a bit miserable sometimes. Why such irrelevant attack? At least I am open minded, which you don't seem to gasp too well.
    Last edited by boobaa; 10-07-08 at 11:39 PM.
    Don't expect anything.

lilwing's post was accurate. You burn off the fat (stored energy) - it does NOT turn into muscle. Fat cells and muscles cells are distinct, separate entities. You can't turn hair into fingernails, can you?

And if you don't like the word "physiologically", perhaps you don't understand the meaning.

boobaa, the stored energy in fat is used to fuel other chemical reactions in the body and released as heat during exercise. It does not convert into muscle.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    well... you're around what?? mid 30's?? keep in mind first of all that your metabolism has dropped since you were in your early 20's. that's one main point.

another is that you can't expect to get all toned in 1.5 months... this takes a lot of dedication and to do a total body transformation, it will takes much longer.

i dunno if you include cardio in your work out, but that's one of the hugest thing that will help you slim down. it sounds insane, but i know of this person who signed up for the marathon and she has gotten a lot thinner due to her training.

raverboy
    Hey, I'm not in my thrities! What the hell! Lol.

I forgot that the last time I dropped a major amount of weight it took me six months. Also, I was 22 (only six years ago). So yes, my metabolism has likely slowed down quite a bit. I'm trying to amp up my cardio.....since the last time I posted I finally HAVE lost a few pounds, and my back and arms are starting to show some definition again. Even my bf commented on how good my back was looking.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    28 is pretty damn near 30... why i can say this?? it's because i am 28.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why, Boobaa, do you call it an attack whenever anyone attempts to correct your ignorance? Why do you constantly tell people to open their minds when you refuse to do so?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, geeze, this is an old question (fat to muscle myth). We discussed it before & came to the same conclusion.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123