+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mothering

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I view 'spoiled' as more lacking appreciation for the things she is given. I.e. a brat. Is she a brat or just privileged?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Hehe, new cain is funny

Anyway, I wouldn't apologize to the mother. The daughter sounds spoiled (you should've used the word "spoiled") and if that's what it is then that's what it is, there's no need to pretend it's not happening. If the mother can't handle the truth then you're best finding someone more compatible and leave her in her denial.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Thats a good one Indi,she ain't from a privilaged family if thats what you mean,I would say come to think of it she takes her mother for granted ,E.G I heard her say to her boyfriend once"just put our washing downstairs mum will do it for us" Mum buys her a $2000 bed and tells me daughter is paying her back ,same as with the laptop ,mum buys herself some new cloths daughter sees them mum never gets to wear them!! and on it goes.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, if you're not the father, giving parenting suggestions can be a tricky thing.

Why don't you Google the term "boomerang generation/kids". That's what she sounds like she's got coming down the pipe. Send her an article that seems relevant. This way, the info isn't coming from you directly but you can still be giving some input, if indirectly.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12