+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need help talking to this college girl

I need help talking to this college girl

Hi everybody I'm Mike, and I'm new to the site.

Anyways I started college a few weeks ago. I had one class with this one girl. It's weird b/c there are lots of beautiful girls at college, but for some reason this girl really caught my eye. We only had one class together, and I've never talked to her, but she did smile at me when our eyes met. After the first class, she dropped the class for some reason, and I haven't seen her again. I know this sounds stupid that I could have a crush on her, but I just can't stop thinking about her.

I have to talk to her again I just don't know how. It's a small college so there's a good chance I will see her around campus again. But even if I do see her again I have no idea what to talk about. I looked her up on facebook, but I didn't ask her to be my friend because I thought would look kind of "stalkerish", and I wouldn't know what to say.

So someone please advice me on what to do, and what I should try to talk to her about. Another concern is that she'll think it's weird that I remember her.

p.s. Not trying to sound self-absorbed, but I don't think I'm bad looking, and I play on the basketball team. i think if I can just make our first meeting not akward that she might give me her number.

Thanks in Advance for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2341 View Post
    Hi everybody I'm Mike, and I'm new to the site.

Anyways I started college a few weeks ago. I had one class with this one girl. It's weird b/c there are lots of beautiful
    girls at college, but for some reason this girl really caught my eye. We only had one class together, and I've never talked
    to her, but she did smile at me when our eyes met. After the first class, she dropped the class for some reason, and
    I haven't seen her again. I know this sounds stupid that I could have a crush on her, but I just can't stop thinking about her.

I have to talk to her again I just don't know how. It's a small college so there's a good chance I will see her around campus again.
    But even if I do see her again I have no idea what to talk about. I looked her up on facebook, but I didn't ask her to be my friend
    because I thought would look kind of "stalkerish", and I wouldn't know what to say.

So someone please advice me on what to do, and what I should try to talk to her about.
    Another concern is that she'll think it's weird that I remember her.

p.s. Not trying to sound self-absorbed, but I don't think I'm bad looking, and I play on the basketball team. i think if I can
    just make our first meeting not akward that she might give me her number.

Thanks in Advance for the help
    You could start by saying.... " I noticed that you were in my class for a short while and then you stop coming, what happened? "
    " Did another course catch your interest ? "
    " I noticed that you smiled back at me, did I catch your attention or are you just friendly like that? "

If she responds positively, maybe you could ask where you two can hang out and see where it goes from there.

P.S. other than that, you'll figure out what to do when you start talking to her, and just find some interesting topics that you know of,
    or world events views that you could bounce ideas off each other.
    A lot of it is trial and error, so have fun with it.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

thanx do u think she will think it's weird that I noticed she was missing, and then tried to talk to her.

Also what do you think about talking to her on facebook, I think she might think its kind of weird that I added her, but don't really know her

don't add her right away, just send her the message and see what she thinks of it.

=> Auguste Rodin

you'll def get another chance to talk to her, maybe at a party or where ever else, just say that u think u saw her in that class at the start of the yr but not since, if its been like a couple weeks time then you'll be fine and wont come of as stalker 'ish dont wry.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    You are a dufas for not talking to her.

I will tell you what is going to happen if you add her on facebook, myspace or whatever the ****. Even send her a message.
    If she is worth dating, she will be very creeped out by your approach. You will basically come off as "Hi, I am the guy that
    noticed you in class, but I didn't introduce myself because my balls dropped off. So this poor excuse as a way of making up
    for my foolishness, and I hope it shows how desperate I am to be with you, for looking you up on Facebook like a stalker!"

Donnnnnnnn't do it!!!!!!!!! If you are sure you will see her on campus again, THAT is your ****ing golden opportunity to
    introduce yourself. That's when you say "Hey! I really wish you were still in blah blah blah 101. Why did you drop?
    By the way my name is Mike *reach out to shake hand*"
    He'll learn on his own, but I just suggested that in case he messages her, but still shouldn't add her for the sake of it.
    Anachronistic is right though, you should have taken the chance when you had it.

=> Auguste Rodin

your lucky to saw that girl, send her some funny messages and try to have a sneak peak with the students list. If ever you see her try asking why she dropped that subject, talk something that your teacher is looking for her. After then take some snacks, compare class schedules and time. That would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by michzel creativ View Post
    your lucky to saw that girl, send her some funny messages and try to have a sneak peak with the students list. If ever you see her try asking why she dropped that subject, talk something that your teacher is looking for her. After then take some snacks, compare class schedules and time. That would be better.
    I'll correct the grammar for you.

Your lucky to see a girl like that.
    Send her some hilarious messages along with a students list. ( Don't know why, but oh well! )
    Try asking her, " Why did you drop your previous course ? ", and I think the teacher was looking for you. ( She dropped it, so why would he? )
    Compare class schedules and their times.

P.S. hmmm, why would you do this when he doesn't even know her?
    This should only be done, if there's some interaction in person.
    Last edited by Kromat; 28-08-08 at 01:46 PM.

=> Auguste Rodin

Thanks for that Kromat, your a good teacher.
    Teach me some.

I think anachronistic is right. I just have to hope I see her again, and take my chance. If a girl messaged me on facebook I would think it was weird, unless they had a reason for messaging me. I'll try asking my friends if they know her. I thought about giving some stupid message on facebook saying that the teacher wants to know why you haven't been to class, but that seemed really pathetic, and I'm not going to sink that low... yet.
    Last edited by Mike2341; 29-08-08 at 01:38 AM.