+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Open Relationships

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    What is the point of marriage? Who gets to define it? Who decides what counts and what doesn't?
    The wedding vows
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

anachronistic Guest
    The harmony between two people is the most beautiful thing. Unfortunately love are the young plants which grow in the charred remains of the fire; it takes much suffering for two people to really love each other that much; only then would they really understand and appreciate each other to the point where one's resistance goes beyond that which one learns out of self-discipline.

You can't love until someone shows you that love exists, even years after you concluded that it never.

Open relationships are for people who don't know this.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^^ get a load of this guy.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    What is the point of marriage? Who gets to define it? Who decides what counts and what doesn't?
    Exactly. I don't know why some of you feel the need to set rules for other people's marriages. If this guy and his wife both agree it's okay to f-ck other people, well bully for them!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post

Maybe I'll ask my husband for a new boyfriend for our next anniversary.

my bf also says that he would have a threesome with another guy for me. anything i want.

now gerbil, i would LOVE to test THAT theory.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ewh. That's one theory I can't help you with, babe. Suppose I'm reaching for some teat but I wind up with a handful of meat?

I'd be traumatized for life.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

lol u freakin wimp.

where's tone? i miss him.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    So you insult the person (sands) because he doesnt fit your religious moral standards and then tell him "not to take it personally"?!?
    No, it wasn't a matter of insulting Sands (I honestly hope he hasn't taken it as an insult whatsoever). It is a matter of drawing his attention to what he is doing. I'm sure you've heard about common sense before.

My point is: The fact we are all free to do what we want doesn't allow us to do everything we want. There must be things we must preserve, duties. But no one talks about duties these days, so it is fine to see this guy (and likely many other guys as well) feeling fine with his wife having sex with someone else. What's the next step? Filming them?

I don't know if this is against your moral standards, but let me give you a newsflash: When a man gets married to a woman, she becomes his only woman (and he becomes her only man), the only person allowed to **** her until death or divorce do them apart. This has been this way for centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    If you want to be able to have flings while in a relationship, why get married?
    Im sure no one heads into marriage intending to have flings one day, it just happens over time. People do change, as sad as it makes me feel to admit that x.x

Quote Originally Posted by kitty001 View Post
    Im sure no one heads into marriage intending to have flings one day, it just happens over time. People do change, as sad as it makes me feel to admit that x.x
    My point is that if an open relationship is the only thing to spark the marriage again, then the marriage is already headed for the dumps. Sure, it might make the two married people "closer," but the other person will need that secondary romantic interest to stay in it. Personally, I'd have a hard time staying in a marriage knowing that the only reason my wife is happy is because she's able to **** another man.
    I don't chase, I replace.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post

I'm not surprised she broke up with you
    Last edited by anachronistic; 18-09-08 at 02:38 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh cutting!

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    My point is: The fact we are all free to do what we want doesn't allow us to do everything we want. There must be things we must preserve, duties. But no one talks about duties these days, so it is fine to see this guy (and likely many other guys as well) feeling fine with his wife having sex with someone else. What's the next step? Filming them?
    According to whose morality?

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    I don't know if this is against your moral standards, but let me give you a newsflash: When a man gets married to a woman, she becomes his only woman (and he becomes her only man), the only person allowed to **** her until death or divorce do them apart. This has been this way for centuries.
    Once again according to whose morality?
    Morality is a social construct.

Let me give you a newsflash polygymay, polyandry etc has been around for centuries. Men also kept women on "the side" but werent consider legally their wives. The concept of romantic love in the West is a new phenomenon (with minor exceptions). Prearrange marriages was the "norm" in Europe at one time (mainly to gain land or property). Yes even at one time (up to 1920's) women was consider the property of husband and was not consider a "person" she wasnt even allowed to vote because she was not consider a "person". It was even consider "perfectly fine" for you to beat your wife. Divorce in American society was unheard of (and or consider scandalous) befor the 1950's. Not to say least inter-racial marriages in the 1950's was consider a big "taboo".
    But society has change.
    Last edited by Henry123; 18-09-08 at 06:29 AM.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't care what other people do, but it won't do in my house.

I'd rather my husband just left me than ****ed another woman on the side - and trust me, I've been there, so I know what it feels like. Nothing more gut wrenching in the world.

However, some people just don't see it the way I do, and that's just fine. If it works for your relationship, great. Just make damn sure your children never, ever find out. Also make sure you're not bringing home nasty diseases to each other.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast