+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If a guy...

riny, you see that was my gut reaction to your question, problem with is; it is too open. You need the answer yes or no from her, therefore you should ask her 'would you like to go on a date?' very simple and straight forward.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinyotsu View Post
    How about as a conversation starter I ask about her art in art class?
    I notice she is rather dedicated to some of her art. She has definatly taken an interest in mine, I have noticed 2 instenses when she has stopped to look at my art. I believe we had eye contact about 15 times last art class.
    Ask her if you can get together to view each other's portfolios. Include the word "date" in the convo, lest she think your interest is strictly professional.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ecojeanne,
    simple, straight forward, yet seemingly as rigid as saying she is attractive. Smooth words are what I am looking for.

Vashti,
    I might ask her about her drawing out to lunch since that is when her friends and her split up, allowing me the confort of tellin her alone much less indicating it around friends.
    This is my plan:
    Get through with Eng 4 (yipee) then go to art, when the bell rings to go to lunch wait til she is near my location to start going and when she is alone (at least not around her friends) ask about her project, if she blushes a little, key indication, I will tell her on the spot.
    here are the words I plan, I am not sure 100% but this is how I thought it up in the last minute:
    "Hey, so how far are you on your project?" (wait for responce) if she asks about mine, which is likely: "a good ways in, got the hands in the right spot" (if she acts in way that indicates to me she likes me) "heh, well I guess this is as good a time as any to tell you this..." (wait for response, verbal or not) "...I really like you." (depending on her reaction) if I notice a positive reaction, "would you want to go out together sometime?" If I notice a negaive reaction, screw it, I will make something up if the time calls for it. If there is one thing I noticed with girls is it better not to plan for the worse because then you are more willing to give up.
    God answers you, you may not hear it but he gives you the tools you need to fix your problems.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Listening to what you want to say in context makes me think it is too forward... maybe you are building up the "I like you" part too much? It sounds too rehearsed. Perhaps that is what eco was envisioning?

I say drop it and just ask her out.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Telling someone you really like them seems kind of odd to me. You haven't really spoken to her much before, right? When you get to know her better and you actually have grounds to really like her then it's okay. But I guess you're in high school and things like that aren't so weird.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Listening to what you want to say in context makes me think it is too forward... maybe you are building up the "I like you" part too much? It sounds too rehearsed. Perhaps that is what eco was envisioning?

I say drop it and just ask her out.
    If it were tha easy, I have to build it up, I have to use it in a conversation because it feels like a dvd without a dvd player (first thing that came to mind). Last time I tried to just tell her/ask her out, I froze up.
    God answers you, you may not hear it but he gives you the tools you need to fix your problems.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What's an RC pilot? Sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    What's an RC pilot? Sounds cool.
    Kinda off topic but someone who flys radio control airplanes.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You have to be a pretty confident guy to pull off the "I like you" bit. I am honestly not getting that impression of you, and you will risk sounding like you are vomiting up your emotions (not good). Girls tend to prefer males who are more in control of their emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You have to be a pretty confident guy to pull off the "I like you" bit. I am honestly not getting that impression of you, and you will risk sounding like you are vomiting up your emotions (not good). Girls tend to prefer males who are more in control of their emotions.
    So I hear. I am pretty confident, its just that naturally my reaction to failure is reinforcement. If a plan that I know can work doesn't, I modify it til it works (something inheretid from robotics I guess).

Your "girls prefer males who are in control of emotions" part could be the reason she has been looking at me more lately, I have been acting more like a goof in art but staying serious at the same time.

[QUOTE=vashti;389094]You have to be a pretty confident guy to pull off the "I like you" bit. I am honestly not getting that impression of you.QUOTE]

I assure you I am confident. But I want to take it slow to stay on this thin bar. I noticed after school I said "You seem pretty good at ignoring the people on your side of the room" she said "I don't ignore them I just don't react to them" She smiled, probably because i fumbled my words a bit. Even though I fumbled my words, I still talked to her like I do my friends, minus the idioticness (new word, ha). I debated while I was talking with her if I should tell her now. I decided this, since I talked to her today, her status updated yesterday, how about I talk to her tomorrow about a band we both like (alesana) since I heard her say it in art today. When the conversation starts to end, I will say "and the brings me to what I really want to tell you, I really like you (girl's name)"
    I belive this is a bit more mature, still rehearsed but I just thought it up as I was going through school. I was going to ask her about it today but I forgot and only remembered about how she ignored the people at her table.
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by Rinyotsu; 06-11-08 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Changes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12