+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The dreaded upcomming ritual of 'The Prom'

The dreaded upcomming ritual of 'The Prom'

I never fully realized till now that I know so little of the girls in my grade. However unfortunately all the ones I know have boyfriends or I happen to know whom they like. I don't know how that person feels about me and I don't want to ask the girl I like out and then if she gets asked out by the guy she likes, she'll have to turn him down.
    I assume that for people that like each other prom means something to them. So the biggest problem is this, the girl I like.
    Let girls be represented as A,B and boys as C,D.
    The girl I like is A.
    B likes C, which likes A, which likes D.
    I think everyone but the girls know that the guy likes the opposite one. Now A & B are twins, so I don't think C will go with A. It's more likely that C will go with B so that their friendship isn't ruined. Now I'm not sure what to do about all of this? Should I simply go alone? Take my chance and ask anyway? I have no idea how D feels.

Enterprise
    Last edited by enterprise; 24-12-08 at 10:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

I'm officially confused.

Is there another thread on this problem? How do the "twins" fit into the girl you like? It's unclear to me.

Carl.

tried to make it more clear
    Last edited by enterprise; 24-12-08 at 10:23 PM.
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

So if you like a girl but you know that she likes someone else then ask her out contingent on the other guy not asking her out. "Will you go to the prom with me if Boy X doesn't ask you out?" Now however she responds, tell her that she now has to help you find a date if you don't go to the prom together. Most likely she will say yes to your original question because girls like to go to the prom and have male dates. If she says no... or I'll think about it... then she will help you find a date because she should feel bad about rejecting a friend.

Now that should get you a date with minimal fuss and likely a date with the girl you like. Be aware that you are probably in friend zone, but a date is a good opportunity to get the girl to start to see you in a new light.

you should avoid going to the prom all together. instead call 911 and ask them to put you in a house with padded walls.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by AirbenderAang View Post
    So if you like a girl but you know that she likes someone else then ask her out contingent on the other guy not asking her out. "Will you go to the prom with me if Boy X doesn't ask you out?" Now however she responds, tell her that she now has to help you find a date if you don't go to the prom together. Most likely she will say yes to your original question because girls like to go to the prom and have male dates. If she says no... or I'll think about it... then she will help you find a date because she should feel bad about rejecting a friend.

Now that should get you a date with minimal fuss and likely a date with the girl you like. Be aware that you are probably in friend zone, but a date is a good opportunity to get the girl to start to see you in a new light.
    Should one really do that? she doesn't know that i know that she likes the other guy...so would that work in these circumstances?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should consider asking another girl all together. This group sounds like it's going to be too much trouble. Is this your last prom? If not, go alone. You can dance with/flirt with lots more girls.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't go to prom. I never went to a dance in my entire life and didn't go to my senior prom and I genuinely have no regrets almost 2 years later

Quote Originally Posted by enterprise View Post
    Should one really do that? she doesn't know that i know that she likes the other guy...so would that work in these circumstances?
    Well gosh I had assumed that she had told you that information as a friend. Ok well in that case, I suggest you pick another girl. Also you don't have to know her very well. You could always use the opportunity to get to know someone better.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How much are your prom tickets, enterprise? Because my kid's prom was really expensive once the tickets, dinner, limo, and clothing was paid for. I don't suggest (if this is the case) you take a girl you don't really know. How would you feel about spending a couple of hundred dollars on a girl that you end up not liking, or who doesn't end up liking you? Only take girls on expensive dates when you KNOW there is a relationship there already.

Just my 2 cents.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I really wanted to ask her but I wasn't sure if it was worth it. I wish I knew any single girls at my school well enough. All the girls I know well and hang out with have been snatched up. I guess i'll give it some real thought maybe I'll find another girl.

and thanks vash, i was waiting for your two cents

prom is just prom... I went to 7 of them when I was in high school...

The fact is... they dont mean jack... its just a really expensive dance is all... its not like the movies.

make sure that your intentions are clear when and if you do ask someone...

my last prom date was a freshman girl when I was a senior...she fell in love...it got ugly!

Good Luck!