+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should I walk away?

should I walk away?

My ex bf and I got back together. Our relationship is better than the first time around but he still hasn't let go of his gf although he has told her he is having a relationship with me. She agreed given the mess their relationship is in and they can't fix it no matter how hard they have tried. but, but he still loves her and she loves him. I can and do fill his important emotional and sexual needs where she cannot. Her important needs are not met either. this I have heard from the both of them. But they have a close friendship and want to hold on to that. They also fight a lot and have never been able to live together for this reason alone. Now as an off shoot of his relationship with me he is more calm around her and there is less stress between the two of them because he is getting his needs met by me. I did not enter into a relationship with my ex to improve their failing relationship. Somehow I feel angry and used. Is it just me? He said that I feed him and she dosen't. Should I just walk away and let their relationship fall apart and tell him to come to me then? and If ?

Yes. You should.
    Spammer Spanker

Why are you letting this go on and on? Your self-esteem needs work my dear if you feel that you need to be in a relationship simply because you don't want to be single. Single does not equal alone unless you want it to.

The guy who is supposed to be devoted and loving to you is constantly thinking about another woman that he can't have. We all know that what we can't have is a much greater temptation than what is right there in front of us.

You've set yourself up for some future hurt. All you're doing is listing the reasons they didn't work so that we'll come along and tell you that someday, if you just hang in there, that this guy will come around and see you for the amazing person you are. That will most likely never happen. As long as he has you, there is no reason for him to change and grow.

If you stay with him, do not be surprised if/when this guy cheats on you with his ex.

Yes. Seriously, walk away.

They're still "in love," and keeping in close contact. Regardless of if they realize they shouldn't be together/their needs aren't being met-- keeping this close "friendship," is bound to lead to something else since you can't legitimately be friends with someone you want something more with.

Get yourself out of this situation and let them deal with their fall out.

To be honest you make me look like i have a solid since of self importance. This couple is using you. There is no question. This guy has you to fill needs the girl he actually wants can't and he still get's to have the girl he really wants! Wow talk about having his cake and eating it too.

I don't mean to be harsh but being in a relationship that's all about the other person myself makes me kinda mad when i see someone else in that situation.

In your post about your relationship you called him your ex and her his gf. I thought the two of you got back together which would make her the ex not you.

You (and i probably) need to find a man who feels you "feed" him and loves you. This is not the guy.