+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seriously? WHAT is he doing?

To find out if sex is what he is after, stop giving it to him. He may not be after it at the moment, but shit he isnt even ready for a relationship. He's getting pussy without the relationship. He just may get comfortable with the idea of that. Sex with no commitment.

Be careful.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

I get the sense that you're trying to covertly convince us that he's not as bad as we think he is and give you the advice you're longing to hear, that everything is okay and you should accept the date offer.

No, I won't tell you that. You know that you're in for a rough ride. What if he pulls this again down the line? Nothing has changed for him. He is still selfishly coercing you into a relationship that is managed by him? A relationship is a mutual agreement between the people in the relationship.

You don't need a boyfriend or some guy to validate your existence for you. You need to learn how to validate yourself.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You've just been demoted to his Plan B.

Change your own Facebook profile to "single & looking for a decent guy". That should do it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I get the sense that you're trying to covertly convince us that he's not as bad as we think he is and give you the advice you're longing to hear, that everything is okay and you should accept the date offer.
    I definitely am not posting here to hear BS advice, aka: Just what I want to hear. I'm telling the story like it is, not to make him seem better or worse. Hearing what a douchebag he is from mere outsiders listening to a brief part of my story is really refreshing![I]That[I] is what I needed to hear because my love-blinded mind keeps convincing myself otherwise. I also was posting here to figure out what he is thinking...which I think has been made clear.

I definitely changed my status as well and deleted him from my myspace and facebook as soon as we broke up.

Today he's been sweet yet again, texting me a whole bunch, and asked why I haven't been talking as much. He loves that I've been chasing him, huh? Well I'm done with that. No more sex, no more hanging out, no more sweet-talk coming from me. I lost myself for awhile and gave him all the control, but I'm over that scenario. I think I'll take my power back now.

It still really sucks and hurts though that he's trying to play some little "game" with me and string me along. It's really difficult to understand how someone can date you for two years and suddenly check out, then be selfish enough to not care if they hurt you because they're enjoying themself.

Thanks for all the replies!
    Last edited by t0ri; 10-04-09 at 09:21 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Two years is the magic 'make or break' time in relationships, give or take a few months. Love struck gloss wears off & longterm issues have reared their heads. Its around this time a couple makes a decision to stick together or try again elsewhere.

You are strong, you see what is and you aren't letting your emotions cloud your judgement. You sound like a decent gal & I wish you better luck with your next fella. He's out there.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

He is trying to stick his penis in you.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12