+ Follow This Topic

Thread: he initiated then got scared

he initiated then got scared

Hi All, Hopeing someone can give some good guy advise. I have had my eyes on this guy @ my job for about 3 weeks I've been looking @ him and he has been looking @ me. Just last Friday he IMed me @ work and said that a few people were going out after to a local bar & asked me to join them, I knew that I was interested & that he was to, so I said yes I'd love to but I have plans & would show for a few minutes. I went to the bar everything went just fine, he walked me to my car & asked for my number. We talked for hours the next day & the next, and he told me that he is very much interested in me & would like to "see" someone like me & take a relationship very slow, until Monday in work someone who is HIS friend ask him if we went on a date, and he said no, we just hung out for a few mins. Therefore, he asked to talk to me @ his house after work, I went & he got very flirty & in a "good" mood then said OMG I cant do this I am so sorry never mind. He said I am so paranoid about what my friend said & dont want people to start to talk at work. So, for the next few days he started avoiding me & I texted him saying that his feeling awkward around me was making me feel awkward. He appologized & said he was just busy & not avoiding me. My point here is I know for a fact that he is interesting in getting to know me. How do I get him close again? Do I ignore him & act like it doesnt bother me? What should I do? I really really like him & want to get to know him much better. Thank you!
    Last edited by mcomc1; 03-04-09 at 07:53 AM.

Hard to tell for sure with what you said, BTW, what is his age and yours?
    He might get scared to get involved with you because of company policy on "office romance" - people get fired that way, you know; and try to find another job there days; or he does not have enough self-esteem to shake his life and would prefer go back to his routine rather then take action; anyway there is something he values more then relationship with you.

Do not get involved with coworkers. It's a disaster waiting to happen. There are over three billion men on the planet. Pick one you don't work with.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Do not get involved with coworkers. It's a disaster waiting to happen. There are over three billion men on the planet. Pick one you don't work with.
    ****Bingo****

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Hi Giga,
    With all due respect to your knowledge, I disagree with the part “do not get involved”; sure there WILL be complications, the question is: is it worth it? It depends; I can tell from experience since actually did it myself 2 times, first time as result she left the company; second time we had to leave together; and we fled the country; it was very romantic and bonding time and we are still happy together… it is really question of motivation; are you ready to risk everything for your partner? If question is no, just go back to the cave and find the easy way to a chick; if yes – go for it!

Positive aspects of office romance: (1) you will see how really serious your partner is; (2) you can learn a person much better in a work environment rather then stranger at the bar or something.
    Negative aspects of office romance: be prepared to leave the company when things WILL go south.

This guy mcomc1 is writing about, is a CHICKEN: hit on her, invited her over, got all cozy and then backed off! If he is not man enough and gets all scared and worried about what his buddy or co-workers will think, then do not start it in first place!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

A-men.

That's how I wound up with an ex-husband. Besides the fact he was a dick.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

he is 27 & i am 23. My company does not have a policy again office relationships except whiles in work you remain professional. There are a lot of "couples" @ my job & some are married. but, now he is avoiding me like you wouldnt beleive & won't walk by me at work and he is making it harder on himself because everyone noticed him staring at me now everyone notices him avoiding me...the hell with him.

I agree with the whole chicken thing...sort of.

1. If you like someone and would like to see what happens, you wouldn't care what others would think about your relationship. Other people don't give a sh!t about your relationship at times. I dont care about someone's relationship unless it has something to do with me.

2. I was like that once, where i did care about what others thought and over time i learnt that back then, i was a lil shallow.

maybe he's shallow? errr nvm..........forgot you just told us that he was interested in you.

hmm what did his friend say anyways? do you know?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    if he's going to act childish about the entire thing, then why do you want to deal with it?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

ur seeing a part of the real him.... just wait for him but if ur interested there's no reason to play games.
    u arent losing anything if he doesnt change his mind, just dont jump into bed with him just yet