+ Follow This Topic

Thread: so scared

so scared

Hi again,

here's my story. I had a terrible break up about a year ago, and it took until this past winter to get completely over it. I met a guy, let's call him R, and right away we had a connection. We started talking on a sunday, and that Friday we hung out for the first time. We kissed, but didn't go further because i liked him a LOT and didn't want to come off as a slut. By the next Friday we were dating. It has been the best relationship of my life - we're like twins, he's just as weird as I am, we get each other, and being together is amazing. he expressed these feelings over and over. A little after a month he told me he loved me, and this was the first time a guy had ever said this to me.

We're both seventeen, and I had sex with him and lost my virginity. He used to be kind of a player so this was not his first time, but I loved every second of it and will never regret it.

Things have been great, except this past week and a half. I first noticed that he stopped sending me really super cute texts, but he still would tell me he loved me and we had a great time hanging out/hooking up/talking all the time. Then towards the end of last week, I noticed on Friday he seemed a little irritable. That Saturday was a nightmare - I went out to lunch with him and his Dad and he was kind of weird, not really looking at me. At the end of the lunch, he walked up and kissed me on the forehead and said love you, but i just got a bad vibe.

that night we went to a concert, and i almost got knocked out in the mosh pit. he had to drag me out, and even though i got a cut on my nose and was very dizzy, he was extremely pissed that I made him lose his spot. He didn't talk to me and i was hysterically crying. He would hold my hand but wouldn't speak.

That sunday, I called to apologize and he apologized too. A little while after, he said he had something to tell me. He said he felt like he wasn't as emotionally invested as I was, and that over the past week and a half he's felt not as in love. I am shocked. this is my best friend, my love, the boy who ALWAYS loved to be with me.

I cried, and told him I didn't see it coming. He said he didn't either. He doesn't want to break up, he wants to try as hard as he can to work this out. I told him to remember how it felt, all our good times that I thought were still going. He said he did, but he wasn't sure if he could continue to feel that way consistently.

He texted me through out the day, asking how i was, and even sent me a "<3". I am grateful for his honesty and for him wanting to work it out, but I am so heartbroken as well.

He has never been broken up with, and he says he always gets this feeling every time he's with a girl for more than three months. However he felt different about me and doesn't want to give up. he just said he woke up and didn't feel in love anymore.

this so shocking to me because just last friday we had a great night, and we were snuggling and I told him I didn't want to ever take moments like these for granted. and he said, "baby don't worry i'm going to be around for a while."

now i don't know what to think. we both agreed not hanging out everyday and getting a little space is good. but this is really breaking my heart.

advice?

I know what's going to happen here:

You guys will break up. It will be ok though because you will get over it...eventually. Then you'll meet someone new and try again.

It's that simple really...

that was pretty immature to be pissed about the mosh pit, although you are both 17.

He is either having cold feet, and will get over it, or won't. Maybe he really does care, maybe you care more. But I agree with timeless, it probably won't last forever. Probably, just stop thinking you're going to have him for a while, if he's fickle, he's bound to break your heart.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin