+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do to get back with my EX

What should I do to get back with my EX

We split 7 weeks ago. We have been out a few times since but she says she does not feel the same. We have also spoken a few times about the house and she has got upset both times saying she is confused and never been on her own before.

I have gien her space over the last week or so. Because of what she said to me last night i was wondering if I should test the water and ask if she would like some company tonight so we could watch a film or something.?

I left the door open when we finished on the phone saying if you wanna chat give me a call. Wondering if its worth me asking or just leave her be?

any advice would be appreciated, James

Stop talking to her completely, no communication whatsoever. If after some time she wants to get back together and if you are still into her then maybe you two can try again, but its over for now, move on and let things work themselves out. 7 weeks is nothing to be going too crazy over anyway. There are plenty of other women out there, why get hung up on 1 girl.

because i have been with her for 7 years, engaged and have a house together

you never said what caused the split up.Think that should be resolved first before think of hucking up again

Just lack of communication, nothing major at all. Combination of bickering say one a week over the last few months took its toll. Weve been out since and had a lovely time, which makes it so confusing. The arguments we had are discussed and forgotten. Just not sure on her feelings.

I think you've really done all you can at this point-- you've left the door open for her to get in contact with you if she wants to.

I realize you had a long relationship, a potential serious commitment, and have ties to a house-- but if she was willing to end all of that, there's a good chance she's serious about it. Are you sure it was just miscommunication issues on her end that brought this on?

The fact that it's been almost 2 months, she's holding strong to not feeling the same, and when you bring up the house she gets upset because she's afraid to be on her own [this is common after the end of any relationship, it's not that you want to be in the relationship again, it's more you're afraid of being alone] -- just sounds like she's serious about this.

Well in my opinion things do not sound good at all..... yous are on the verge of a break up give her some space as much as she needs don't make the same mistake and keep nagging at her it'l make things 100 times worse and she will finish with you then..... i'm sure if you give her all the space she needs she might come round and realise all her feelings for you are still there

i have gave her loads of space recently, and it was joint communication issues id say. im sure she still has feelings for me but ill just let things take their cause for now i think and see what happens.

just to add...i have not nagged at her since we split, we have had normal easy conversations. She dont just get upset straight away when we talk about the practicle things, its just like the whole thing gets to her.

I can fit in.

This is a great post and makes me think of where I can fit in. I do a little bit of everything mentioned here and I guess I have to find my competitive advantage.
    [url=http://www.comegames.com]wow gold[/url]

Look if i were in your shoes i would give her space for a week with no contact at all unless she contacts you first..... then see how things go from there! She needs some thinking time is what it all sounds like to me anyways

just thought id post an update. we met the other night at home and watchd tv, ended up chilling out on the couch. It was like everything was normal. We have since arranged to go out over the weekend. Maybe she is having a change of heart. I have still given her space. Maybe it is possible to sort things out after a break up however best not getting my hopes up too much. 2 weeks ago she wasnt interested in seeing me, but somehow things have changed. ill keep this updated when i can

It's a start anyway shows that there is some hope! i hope things work out for yous..... unfortunately other relationships arnt as easy to sort out because one persons heart is always in it more than the others!

i think over the last 7 weeks my heart has been in it more than hers, although she is comming around. We went out over the weekend, actually we spent all weekend together and she said she had a good time. She hasnt moved home yet but we got to start somewhere i guess. Just see what happens now. Best advice I have been give so far is to give a person space and not bomdard them with messages etc.

Exactly all you can do now is be patient and wait........ it may be worth it in the end because if it's meant to be it'l be unless you yourself mess it up!