+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is it possible to last so long?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Are you dense?

I'm not saying that it's impossible. I'm saying it's rare. I don't give a **** if your brother and his wife are married for 50 years and have the most amazing relationship ever. It doesn't change the fact that it is still RARE.
    So I don't understand, what the hell You want from me? Did I say EVERYBODY ends like this?? I don't say it's something common. SO WTF DO YOU WANT FROM ME????
    I wazzzz here

Mentioning your brother and his wife had no purpose. You said it in response to me saying for him not to assume that a relationship from high school is going to last.

What was the reason? To prove me wrong? Because I said it most likely won't last?
    I don't chase, I replace.

Tedel Guest
    By means of example...

A few months ago I went to a mass [yeah, I'm catholic] and a couple was praying for their 46 years of marriage. The priest raised his head, looked at the community and asked whether the spouses were there. Two old fellows raised their hands a moment after. Then the priest asked for holy water and gave him a short yet special blessing. Last, he said the following words:

"A message to the young ones... Yes, it is possible."

With the mentality that it is not possible to find someone you can spend majority of your life with, of course you wont find a person and stay with them. You're spending more time thinking about the fact that it will end than working on keeping the relationship strong. It IS possible, it is only rare because not everyone is willing to put the work in to make it last.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Anything is possible as long as the partners are commited to eachother. Unfortunately, people don't seem to understand that a healthy, mature and lasting relation is't build on love alone.

It's build on mutual respect, open communication, mutual trust, a strong sense of individuality, good problem solving skills and commitment and dedication.

In order words a healthy, long term relation is a LOT of work. To many times people fall in the trap of 'convenience' and taking their partner for granted, instead of working on their relation. That's when they grow appart and are heading for a divorce.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123