+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is it possible to last so long?

is it possible to last so long?

Hi
    I was wondering if it is possible for two people to remain happy together "forever"?

With my current gf she's taken me back once after a break up and things are great. But i'm afraid that one day they'll have to end. I'm only 17 so i probably should be thinking about being with just this girl now, but i can't imagine myself without her. and am afraid that something might go wrong, especially when we go off to different universities. anyone had a situation like this or know of one? and know if it can work?

thanks

This girl will most likely NOT be the girl you marry.

Too many high school kids think their bf/gf is going to be with them forever. It just doesn't work that way. You both change a lot. And while you're off at one university, she'll be getting her vagina filled by someone at hers.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    why so bitter Cain?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

I'm not sure at 17 it would be wise to be thinking in terms of forever. Sure, you may have strong feelings for this girl, but you and she have alot of living to do. If you were 30 or 40 I might be saying something different, but right now, it's likely that you'll grow apart in some time.

Don't be afraid, though. Have fun while it lasts and try to learn as much as you can about relationships while you're with her. Do you really want to settle down with someone at such a young age?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

^ Aight, go with the flow and enjoy... who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    why so bitter Cain?
    I'm not bitter.

I'm a realist.

I just don't know why so many high school kids think their bf/gf is going to be with them forever.

Some high school sweet-hearts last. But it's less common these days because of seperate colleges.

Some would say, it's good to have different experiences. My first love I feel either would have lasted a lot longer, or ended a lot sooner had we met at a more realistic time in life.

People change a lot, especially in their 20's. You might commit and then realize one day you have grown into different people. Try not to think in terms of forever now and just enjoy it.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerderby View Post
    Some high school sweet-hearts last. But it's less common these days because of seperate colleges.

Some would say, it's good to have different experiences. My first love I feel either would have lasted a lot longer, or ended a lot sooner had we met at a more realistic time in life.

People change a lot, especially in their 20's. You might commit and then realize one day you have grown into different people. Try not to think in terms of forever now and just enjoy it.
    How many people do you know that have met in high school and are still together 30 years later? It's not very likely to find that and that was at a time when divorce wasn't so prevalent.

Nowadays people get married too soon and with the wrong person. Even if high school relationships last to mid-20s it doesn't mean the relationship will last forever.

thanks for all your replies. I don't really intend to stay with this girl, not that i'm planning on breaking up, i was just wondering if it was possible. so i guess it is just very unlikely. fair enough.
    I'm just worried about how and when it'll end, i know it's gunna come one day, but i got plenty of time ( i think) so it's alright but still enjoy it...i shall indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Pietomb View Post
    Hi
    I was wondering if it is possible for two people to remain happy together "forever"?

With my current gf she's taken me back once after a break up and things are great. But i'm afraid that one day they'll have to end. I'm only 17 so i probably should be thinking about being with just this girl now, but i can't imagine myself without her. and am afraid that something might go wrong, especially when we go off to different universities. anyone had a situation like this or know of one? and know if it can work?

thanks
    NOTHING lasts forever. You should concentrate on the here and now and not the future. We all wants things to last forever but they don't just because you want to be with her for the rest of your life doesn't mean you will be.
    -Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon-.
    -Stand up for what is right. Even if you're standing up alone-.
    -People put up walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down-.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I'm not bitter.

I'm a realist.

I just don't know why so many high school kids think their bf/gf is going to be with them forever.
    I have to say that I agree. People get so worked up about it. They hope and pray that they stay together and when it ends they are more heartbroken than they would have been if they had a realistic point of view.
    -Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon-.
    -Stand up for what is right. Even if you're standing up alone-.
    -People put up walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down-.

Of course it is possible. Just takes some strong character to jump past the hurdles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietomb View Post
    thanks for all your replies. I don't really intend to stay with this girl, not that i'm planning on breaking up, i was just wondering if it was possible. so i guess it is just very unlikely. fair enough.
    I'm just worried about how and when it'll end, i know it's gunna come one day, but i got plenty of time ( i think) so it's alright but still enjoy it...i shall indeed
    Dude you must stop thinking like this if you want a healthy relationship. You don't intend to stay but you worry about how it will end and wonder can relationships last forever??? Eliminate such thinking and enjoy the present. Be great to each other and remove unnecessary drama--starting with this one.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    How many people do you know that have met in high school and are still together 30 years later? It's not very likely to find that and that was at a time when divorce wasn't so prevalent.

Nowadays people get married too soon and with the wrong person. Even if high school relationships last to mid-20s it doesn't mean the relationship will last forever.
    I have an example,maybe not 30 years later but read...
    My brother met this girl when he was 17.She was 15. They were both their first serious partners. Now he's 25,she's 23 if You can count They are married and have 10 months baby. There were ups and downs.Like in all normal relationships.
    Do You still think it's impossible to marry Your first gf,bf , and be more than 2-3 years together?
    There are many freaking things in the world.
    Sonrisa has right, why so funking bitter?
    I personally don't think You HAVE TO sleep with 10 guys or girls to find Your "happily ever after" . It can happen after first,second,third...Everything can happen
    I wazzzz here

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Dude you must stop thinking like this if you want a healthy relationship. You don't intend to stay but you worry about how it will end and wonder can relationships last forever??? Eliminate such thinking and enjoy the present. Be great to each other and remove unnecessary drama--starting with this one.
    You're right. It's so stupid to get into a relationship and start to wonder how it ends,when it ends... Just try to be the best person You can,and still don't forget about Your own happiness.
    I wazzzz here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast