+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love question

Love question

I've told my boyfriend three times today that I love him and he hasn't said it back for any of the times except a short time ago when he just said ditto. Is he going off me?
    Jakki

wow.......if you want to keep this guy you have to back off. he may not feel that way yet and your constant throwing it in his face may drive him away.

yeah i agree with abercromqt, i'd feel freaked if someone said it to me and i wasnt ready for it yet. try backing off, maybe he'll want you more

Isn't a boyfriend someone who is supposed to love you? is he your boyfriend? or just a just the guy you go out with? Does he know he is your boyfriend? (JK) if he is, he is surely having some doubts, if he isn't your bf then you are putting too much pressure on him. Put the cards on the table with him and see where you two are standing on. define your situation and that way he won't be uncomfortable and you won't be thinking the worst.

Good luck!

while i agree with you Han i have to say just one thing........ he can be her bf and still not be in love with her yet. we really don't know how long they have been dating. i mean if you've been dating like 3 years and he won't say it then i would say there is definately something wrong. but if he has recently become your bf i would say he just might not be there yet. only you know your situation, jakki. all i have to say is if you haven't been together that long it is time to back off a little. otherwise you run the risk of coming off to needed and clingy, thus most likely scaring him away.

Quote Originally Posted by abercromqt20
    while i agree with you Han i have to say just one thing........ he can be her bf and still not be in love with her yet. we really don't know how long they have been dating. i mean if you've been dating like 3 years and he won't say it then i would say there is definately something wrong. but if he has recently become your bf i would say he just might not be there yet. only you know your situation, jakki. all i have to say is if you haven't been together that long it is time to back off a little. otherwise you run the risk of coming off to needed and clingy, thus most likely scaring him away.
    I didn't write my first question that clear! I've been with him for a few months and he usually says it back everytime up until now. Do you think he's having doubts??
    Jakki

maybe..... the only way you're going to know is to be open, honest, and direct with him. so instead of just saying it over and over to him till he says it back, why don't you sit down and have a nice talk with him. if he is feeling differently about your situation now you will have to figure out what to do from there. good luck!

jaki,
    i think that you have been having doubts about your realtionship. i mean are i love you's required constantly? i dont think so.
    and you have to realize that if you have been having doubts about him some of that may have rubbed him the wrong way and now he has doubts about you. i think that there are alot of unresolved feelings in this relationship and you two need to COMMUNICATE! with eachother this is key!

I agree with Blue,

You dont' really seem to trust/be sure of where you stand with your boyfriend - surely if you did you wouldn't be asking us lots of questions that only he can answer.

Sit down and talk with him, that's the only way to figure everything out.