+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange thoughts about life and 2012.(LONG)

Strange thoughts about life and 2012.(LONG)

When I was younger I "KNEW" I was going to go to University... I was so excited for it.
    Well I've graduated from highschool and have been living in an apartment and working for a few years now.
    I'm currently moving out of my boyfriends apartment and I'm preeettty certain that although we said we were going to stay together...it definately feels like he's going to break up with me. (Which, from my other posts, might not be so bad for me! It's just hard when you've been with someone for 2 years and love them)

Anyways, I'm moving in with my dad, travelling to Europe and staying there for 2 months next summer.. and then when I get back....well..
    This is what I'm deciding... Do I go to school, or keep working.
    I've decided that my bf (maybe ex bf?) can't supply me with the affection I need, So it doesn't matter which path I choose, I'm going to buy a dog Then I wont be so lonely and I'll be in a better mind-frame to accomplish things.

(You may find this a little rediculous..) But there's actually something deep down inside me that's troubling me about 2012. Also with Global warming... it's kind of stressing me out.. I feel like if I go to school I'm ignoring the problem and not doing my part. For some reason I feel like I have this HUGE responsibility that I have to live up to that involves more than just recycling . ...it..doesn't really make sense to me because I really don't see me being in the power to do anything major... So why would I feel this? What can I possibly do to help solve this WORLD ISSUE? And if I'm actually feeling all this earth friendly stuff about my life because of 2012... There REALLY ISNT anything I can do because 2012 isn't all about global warming it's a about us lining up with the center of the galaxy and the earths axis changing and aparently mass-chaos and natural disasters around the planet.
    That's Nature living out it's cycles. It's the order of the Universe that we live in and there's nothing we can do about it and if it happens..well there you go the Earth is protecting itself from the destruction of humans anyway.
    But if I go into post secondary I feel like I'm just following the norm and not making a difference.
    I umm.. I don't usually tell people this but seeing as how we all have secret identities on here anyways I might as well....
    I see myself dying at a rather young age. It just reaaallly doesn't feel like I'm going to make it to 50 lol. Now, if theres 2012 chaos, that makes perfect sense! But ... If I die young.. going to school makes me feel like I'm not living my life to it's full potential..
    At the same time, right now all I want in life is to see the countries of my heritage (hence europe next summer) and when I come back I'm buying the dog of my dreams. And...right now that's all I want. I want to play my flute and be happy. If I was going to be working, it would be with music... if I was going to school... it would be with music...
    SO WHAT THE HELL IS MY PROBLEM. There's nothing I can do about the fate of our planet other than take care of my own footprints. What am I so afraid of??? Wasting life?? I'll be doing everything I love.. why do I feel somethings missing?

*Sigh* Thanks! I really needed to be honest about that to someone.
    As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery.
    We have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace.
    The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as
    anger and attachment, fear and suspicion,
    while love and compassion, a sense of universal responsibility
    are the sources of peace and happiness.

~Dalai Lama

Nothing is going to happen in 2012 and not progressing with your life because something might is like not moving on with life because you might fall down the stairs tomorrow and break your neck. No one knows what tomorrow brings, just live your life. 2012 is just a media advertisement. Makes one shitty movie and a lot of lame spammed discovery channel shows...which all will look silly in 2013.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

The Mayan and Chinese calendars were made based on stars and numbers. While I think the Mayan's calendar is a very efficient way to keep track of time, I don't believe their are predictions hidden within them. I also believe Nostradamus's predictions are made true by hindsight-bias. If I were you I would continue on with my normal life and if you're really worried about it, take December 21, 2012 off and spend it with your family.

Y2K comes to mind....
    Last edited by bloodtippedrose; 19-11-09 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Edit: OnlyVirgins your siggy is awesome

well, since the mayan calander was basically a giant circular stone with dates covering every centimeter of it, me and my friends perfer to think that they simply ran out of space to engrave 2013 and so on on it thats me and my friends for you. but yea have to agree with bloodtippedrose, people thought that Y2K was gonna be the end of the world, but here we are 9 years after it still alive and health.

Even if it did end up being the end of the world, its supposed to be the dawn of new enlightenment where people aren't so selfish and possessive of things. now that doesn't sound like disaster to me.

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) the end of the Mayan calender is suppose to signify a time of rebirth. Funny how people misconstrue this to mean the end of the world.

because the all-knowing history channel says the planets will align with the sun or something or other and something about massive heat wave thing exploding.. shit maybe that was the movie Knowing.. well the second part was..

WHATEVER point is the media portrays it that way so people will believe it.
    like campaign commercials when people say VOTE NO on Prop whatever because it will raise taxes!
    and dumb shits think "well I dont want higher taxes!" instead of thinking for themselves and looking up what the proposition is really about

no offense swan

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I plan to get married and have kids after 2012 ,so there is no end of the world...
    I wazzzz here

Nostradumbass predicted the world to end in 1984...that failed so his fans began to follow the 1999 being the end...that failed and than was Y2k..and than 2004...and now this...its all the ****ing same. If the world is gonna end it will come unexpectedly and a random time. Some random pile of shit will fall on us or a sleeping giant volcano will erupt. Never the less, the world CAN'T end...only we can.

The mayans while loved to write down star formations couldn't even build a good plumbing system, they are not smarter than us today and didn't know when the end of our race will be. That is unknown.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Whenever I hear or see the word "unknown" I think about edit: Ooops, was a Boondock's skit: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w5JqQLqqTc"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame] about unknown unknowns.
    Last edited by lilly1185; 20-11-09 at 12:51 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) the end of the Mayan calender is suppose to signify a time of rebirth. Funny how people misconstrue this to mean the end of the world.
    Space aliens! Gosh I hope so... get us OFF this damn rock already.

Haven't seen the movie so don't know what all the fuss is.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

well my friend says thatt N.A.S.A says that the world won't end at 2012, something bout how the planets alligning won't destroy earth or something but still not sure where he got this so maybe not 100% accurate

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, I wouldn't believe much that comes out of NASA. Those boys don't know the difference b/t imperial and metric.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Swan View Post
    When I was younger I "KNEW" I was going to go to University... I was so excited for it.
    Well I've graduated from highschool and have been living in an apartment and working for a few years now.
    I'm currently moving out of my boyfriends apartment and I'm preeettty certain that although we said we were going to stay together...it definately feels like he's going to break up with me. (Which, from my other posts, might not be so bad for me! It's just hard when you've been with someone for 2 years and love them)

Anyways, I'm moving in with my dad, travelling to Europe and staying there for 2 months next summer.. and then when I get back....well..
    This is what I'm deciding... Do I go to school, or keep working.
    I've decided that my bf (maybe ex bf?) can't supply me with the affection I need, So it doesn't matter which path I choose, I'm going to buy a dog Then I wont be so lonely and I'll be in a better mind-frame to accomplish things.

(You may find this a little rediculous..) But there's actually something deep down inside me that's troubling me about 2012. Also with Global warming... it's kind of stressing me out.. I feel like if I go to school I'm ignoring the problem and not doing my part. For some reason I feel like I have this HUGE responsibility that I have to live up to that involves more than just recycling . ...it..doesn't really make sense to me because I really don't see me being in the power to do anything major... So why would I feel this? What can I possibly do to help solve this WORLD ISSUE? And if I'm actually feeling all this earth friendly stuff about my life because of 2012... There REALLY ISNT anything I can do because 2012 isn't all about global warming it's a about us lining up with the center of the galaxy and the earths axis changing and aparently mass-chaos and natural disasters around the planet.
    That's Nature living out it's cycles. It's the order of the Universe that we live in and there's nothing we can do about it and if it happens..well there you go the Earth is protecting itself from the destruction of humans anyway.
    But if I go into post secondary I feel like I'm just following the norm and not making a difference.
    I umm.. I don't usually tell people this but seeing as how we all have secret identities on here anyways I might as well....
    I see myself dying at a rather young age. It just reaaallly doesn't feel like I'm going to make it to 50 lol. Now, if theres 2012 chaos, that makes perfect sense! But ... If I die young.. going to school makes me feel like I'm not living my life to it's full potential..
    At the same time, right now all I want in life is to see the countries of my heritage (hence europe next summer) and when I come back I'm buying the dog of my dreams. And...right now that's all I want. I want to play my flute and be happy. If I was going to be working, it would be with music... if I was going to school... it would be with music...
    SO WHAT THE HELL IS MY PROBLEM. There's nothing I can do about the fate of our planet other than take care of my own footprints. What am I so afraid of??? Wasting life?? I'll be doing everything I love.. why do I feel somethings missing?

*Sigh* Thanks! I really needed to be honest about that to someone.

Your problem is that you're extremely uneducated and need to take some physics, mathematics, statistics, and history courses at a university other than the University of Flat Earth. You also need to shut the **** up.

Thank you. I hope this helps.

^ yes. people should educate themselves before they form opinions.

If only we could abolish group-think........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast