View Poll Results: Hugging for hugging sake?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Male - Yes

17 53.13%
  • Male - No

2 6.25%
  • Female - Yes

13 40.63%
  • Female - No

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hugging for hugging sake?

Sometimes, because of the New Age, Heal-ier Than Thou population in Santa Fe I witness the bizarre "Let's hug until our souls touch" kind of hug. This usually happens at Whole Foods or at the Farmer's Market. Two dirtheads encounter one another, exchange stoned smiles and...meld. This can last for anywhere up to three minutes. It's excruciating to watch.

One of my favorite things to do is cuddle up in bed and watch a movie with my husband. Admittedly, we sometimes have to pause the movie for a shag break, but usually the hugging is just hugging.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    interesting...what's a 'good' hug to you?

when I hug someone I genuinely care for I wrap them up in me, and like to be wrapped up in them, even if only for a sec.
    I've experienced a bad hug before. Remember at 8th grade dances where guys barely BARELY touched you? Imagine that in hug form.

I went to hug a not very close friend but good friend goodbye (I was moving to WA) and I grabbed onto him like a normal hug and he was so skinny so that was awkward but to make it worse he barely touched me back so it almost seemed like an unwanted hug. Worst hug ever -_-

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    We hug and cuddle all the time. Sometimes it leads to sex, most of the time it doesn't. We just enjoy the warmth of each other and kisses
    So, wait.

You're back with that guy?

Seems like you're dodging my question.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    I've experienced a bad hug before. Remember at 8th grade dances where guys barely BARELY touched you? Imagine that in hug form.

I went to hug a not very close friend but good friend goodbye (I was moving to WA) and I grabbed onto him like a normal hug and he was so skinny so that was awkward but to make it worse he barely touched me back so it almost seemed like an unwanted hug. Worst hug ever -_-

ahhh, yes....awkward hugs are DEFINITELY a good example of a bad hug. that can come with barely known family members at get-togethers too. ewwww.

as for 8th grade dances, I was never one of those guys that stood in file along the wall watching the fun the girls were having and acting all shy and shit. I was in there! seriously, I loved to dance at local junior discos and stuff (hey, it was the 80's - we all danced ridiculously, lol), and more often than not found that girls liked to dance with me. actually, my friend and I were the same, so we would have a whole ring of girls dancing with us, while all the 'cool' guys stood along the wall watching.

and they were still watching when we were playing tonsil-hockey at the end of the night with them.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post

Perfect description. You described it much better than I did.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    whenever i hold someone for too long, i get hot and irritated from all the body heat...

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I love hugs, there are some people i know who are amazing to hug, don't know why they just are. Can't stand those hugs where one or both people sitck their bums out so only shoulders and arms are touching, just isn't a proper hug.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12