+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hummmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Sometimes, true. Sometimes not. It's good to know how to discern optimal timing.
    Its also good to be a ninja at heart. Makes it easier to dodge the incoming slaps.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I have a friend in NYC who says NO ONE dates the old fashioned way anymore, and that if you want to date, you have to meet them through one of those dating sites. In fact, I know 3 people from back east that met their significant others that way. I think the appeal is that you know the person you are meeting up with is actively looking. I wonder if that is the way ALL dating will take place in the future.

Have you guys considered this type of dating?
    I thought about this for a while Vash. I did the online dating in the past mainly because it made dating a whole lot easier plus you can go on a lot of dates with a lot of women without a lot of effort. Anyone can be a Don Juan if they have a computer. However the downside for me was the loss of spontaneity you get the old fashioned way. Knowing that the other person is actively looking turned out to be a bit of a turn off for me and it made dates go through the motions and feel a bit scripted. I didn't like that. After my breakup with my ex I decided against doing online dating again.

I met my current gf at uni the old fashioned way and our dates were a lot more fun. There was this feeling of good familiarity that I got from her on our first date that I never got from online ones.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess there is a certain sense of safety for internet daters in that they don't have as much risk of immediate rejection, but you are right - I think I would rather do it the old fashioned way, too. I kind of like the idea of immediate sparks.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    get rid of that obnoxious signature, you idiot.
    Get drunk and feel up another blonde bombshell, you cunt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123