+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hummmmmm

Hummmmmm

I have come to the stark realization tonight, that I am not as on my game as I use to be. I saw a handful of cute, and presumably single women out tonight with their girlfriend(s).

I use to drink a lot harder than I do these days. $30 and $40 a bar tabs, but now I'm hitting like $10 with the tip included. I just don't have the spontaneous and bold attitude that I have when I am more intoxicated. I guess its better to meet women when I am more coherent and myself. It's like learning how to ride a bike again, or so it feels like that.

I'm the one on the unknown side now, and it feels weird. /shrug

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

I would never go to a bar and pay $30-40 for alcohol.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    To quote a favourite author of mine "age is, jeune rab"

You're suppose to convert all that dutch courage experience into suave wisdom. Fewer targets with higher ROI.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm in exactly the same position cbrider. Exactly the same. I do pretty much all my women-meeting when I'm intoxicated to some degree.

[URL="http://www.loveforum.net/off-topic-discussion/26345-alcohol-opposite-sex-2.html"]http://www.loveforum.net/off-topic-discussion/26345-alcohol-opposite-sex-2.html[/URL]

A year on, I'm about to turn 27 and I'm still pretty much in the same boat. I keep thinking I should move on.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

I gotta say, I'm in quite the opposite boat. I do get intoxicated, but I've never dated a woman I met while intoxicated.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    get rid of that obnoxious signature, you idiot.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have a friend in NYC who says NO ONE dates the old fashioned way anymore, and that if you want to date, you have to meet them through one of those dating sites. In fact, I know 3 people from back east that met their significant others that way. I think the appeal is that you know the person you are meeting up with is actively looking. I wonder if that is the way ALL dating will take place in the future.

Have you guys considered this type of dating?

never been to a bar but in my imagination, 30-40$ per bar tab isnt that much right?
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I have a friend in NYC who says NO ONE dates the old fashioned way anymore, and that if you want to date, you have to meet them through one of those dating sites. In fact, I know 3 people from back east that met their significant others that way. I think the appeal is that you know the person you are meeting up with is actively looking. I wonder if that is the way ALL dating will take place in the future.

Have you guys considered this type of dating?
    1st of all, what is your definition of old fashion dating??
    And i dont think i'll date someone i met on dating sites... I wont come to dating sites anyway. Total strangers isnt a good idea
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Old fashioned, meaning you just meet someone in person, and then strike up a relationship... no computer involvement.
    Last edited by vashti; 29-11-09 at 09:39 PM.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know what you mean..I used to drink a fair amount (though i knew my limits..most of the time )
    Now i go out and my friends still drink the same amount but i just dont have the enthusiasm for it anymore- i feel old before my time

As for the women..well they will probably appreciate you being more coherant when you talk to them ..i wouldnt say no
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Well, I think Vashti's friend has a point. It's nice to be able to have that option in this day and age...to get to know someone, share a bit about yourself and have a lead in so to speak for when you do get together.

You can tell alot about someone from the way they write and express themselves. It's easy to share pics too, so you know what they look like. It's a win-win situation imo, a nice alternative to hanging out with your friends in a pub.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    As for the women..well they will probably appreciate you being more coherant when you talk to them ..i wouldnt say no
    I saw CB's pics too Qwerty, he's a big hunk of young American man

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    You can tell alot about someone from the way they write and express themselves. It's easy to share pics too, so you know what they look like. It's a win-win situation imo, a nice alternative to hanging out with your friends in a pub.
    That works both ways, as i think some people can come across totally different on screen to what they actually are in person, in good and bad ways.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    That works both ways, as i think some people can come across totally different on screen to what they actually are in person, in good and bad ways.
    That's true IRL as well. Tho I suppose you get the body language feedback then, which can be as much distraction as information.

I think I'm more open to meeting ppl IRL and just talking to them. I'd be a lot more selective about who I actually made the effort to meet from online.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast