+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when is a lie a lie?

I would use the broader terms "deceptive behavior" or "dishonesty" rather than focusing specifically on lying alone. Lying is just a part of weaselly, sneaky, bad behavior.
    Spammer Spanker

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    homosexual encounters would have been the last drop for me
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by loveisbitrsweet View Post
    I absolutley agree with everything Jenrick said. I recently broke up with a scum bag myself who started out with a little white lie about what he lived in and caught little things here and there, but he always made excuses. I did the same as you and went through his email and found out he had been trying to get with girls and his ex girlfriend, because of how low his self esteem is. The point is dont get involved with someone who has low self esteem because they usually always end up lying or cheating to try and up their self worth. Also once a liar always a liar, it just gets worse..as my favorite motto goes, "when in doubt, get the f*ck out!" believe me it'll save you from any future heartache to leave now. I'm glad I wasnt really attached to this guy and could get rid of him like a moldy cheese..I feel in order for you to be fed into more lies you really do need wake up and get away from this liar, he already has tried many times to cheat on you, he's not worth it.
    Being a person with really low self esteem, I have to say I agree with the fact that you shouldn't be involved with somebody with low self esteem, as that issue will pop up sooner or later in the relationship.

I wouldn't say it causes me to cheat or anything like that. No other girl popped into my head while we were dating. But it made me feel in some sick way that I didn't deserve it and in an essence sabotaged it. Losing her and realizing how important she was did open my eyes to my issues though and how I shouldn't sweep them under the rug. It wasn't a total loss or a total waste of time because if we ever started a new relationship it would 100 percent work on my end. Which is what I want.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Moe is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    A lie is a lie if it's not the truth, the End.
    If you don't tell her something it's not a lie unless she asked you a specific question.
    My Ex. found out something about me after the break up and brought it up a few times, it was something I wasn't proud of and she never asked. I don't think that's a lie.

If someone asks you something and you don't say the truth, then you're lying. Omitting can be hurtful in some situations, but by no means is it lying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12