+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why do women turn arguments around on men?

why do women turn arguments around on men?

Why if my gf did something and i ask her about it. it always turns out like im accusing her and she ends up getting mad at me.

My boyfriend does the same thing most of the time.

In his case, it's because he is defensive and doesn't know how to listen. Some people can't take criticism due to their egos.

Perhaps you can provide an example?

I think it's a defense mechanism...

It's easier to spout off at the mouth with something mean than it is to slow down, think it through, and realize you're wrong -- and more importantly, admit that you are wrong.

However, many women do reach that point where they realize pride sometimes gets you no where, especially when it's a little honesty the other person needs to hear.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

see Dane Cook's stand up: The Vicious Circle. Or just watch this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z468B8vV6XU"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

That's a pretty funny segment. Not all women craftily turn arguments around so that blame falls on the guy. I've had my ass handed to me before, and I accepted it gracefully.

Yeah I think it's sexist to generalize - I'm sure guys as well as girls do this, it depends on the person.

Uugghhh my boyfriend does it all the time LOL!

He'd be like "What about the time you....etc etc"

I'm like stfu that's not the topic at hand.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Because you fools make it so easy for us.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    Uugghhh my boyfriend does it all the time LOL!

He'd be like "What about the time you....etc etc"

I'm like stfu that's not the topic at hand.
    I hate that crap. That's a two-year old's method to arguing and solves nothing in relation to the current issue you guys are battling over. I think the problem with a lot of arguing is that no one knows how to do it correctly, but it takes patience and even I haven't got it down just yet.

Letting somebody get you riled up and so angry that you have no idea what you're saying will result in utter resentment down the road. It just secretly builds until you finally have an argument meltdown, and those suck.

how to we make it easy for you

How do we make easy for girls to turn arguments around? What should we do when this happens and they stop talking to you.

Unfortunately it's nothing to do with gender, we all do. When you're backed into a corner you make your own doorway.

I just bypass arguing altogether... if we're both angry we just agree to let each other leave. We'll come back and talk like civilized people after we have cooled down. Arguing while you're angry is like shopping when you're hungry -- it'll cost more than you bargained for.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

the truth is we weren't arguing we were texting and i aske her why she did it.
    Regardless to say i feel its a way of taking the focus off of her because she knows shes wrong. but please give me more feed back ill apreciate it!
    Last edited by confused10; 12-01-10 at 09:29 AM.

In some instances it might be your approach, she might be feeling backed into a corner and wants you to back up a little bit.

Or it could just be that she can't own up to whatever the argument is about
    "Let us go then, you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky like a patient etherized upon a table" ~ T.S Eliot

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different(and not his fault!)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.