+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Some Male Input

Need Some Male Input

OK, Cyberspace...This marks the first time I have come to you with a question: I have had an on-line relationship with a man for the past 7 weeks. It started out as sort of a friendship/guidance with our dating lives and has progressed to a lot more (as much more as can develop in that time period, but believe me, its been revealing). We were scheduled to meet next week when I felt it only fair to deliver some information about myself (not married, not health related...other serious stuff). He told me he needed some time to think and 3 days later writes me that, yes, he would still lke to meet although going past that, he is uncertain. He referred to me as strong, beautiful, vivacious and told me he "likes me a lot".

All of this is great (I think), but my analyzing female brain would like to know whta the hell this REALLY means...from a man's perspective. Does this mean that despite my news, he may be willing to give things a chance?

When a man says "I like you a lot" WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN??? Thanks!

You didn't tell us what the news was.

in my opinion and my life experiance thats depeand on the past hestory of the man if he heard break or if he didnt have any prieveous realashen so he mean what he saied .otheirwise thats means he can say that for any girls

I am woman but I'd like to share my thoughts if I may.

If he has said that he is not certain to be able to go past the issues I would only accept to see him again when he is completely okay with what you told him.

What he says to you is a mixed message: still wants to have sex with you (look at his vocab (strong, beautiful, vivacious) but is keeping nice exit for when he feels like it ('I really like you', 'uncertain').

To start a relationship both partners need to be 100% accepting of their partner (which means what is past is past).
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

I need some MALE INPUT, too.....I have such a sick mind.......

yes thats right whats past is past but I think for your case he like u for what if its for sex only so once he get the girl can do bater than u so he will like her too because u cant say ur the only one u can do this but if he like u for spiceal things then this will be fine

Thanks to all of you. The "news" had to do with past events having to do with my work in combination with the fact that my x-husband has turned a bit freaky on my (stalking type stuff). His main concern was that if we get involved, going forward will his daughter and he be in danger of from my x-husband. Clearly, a valid concern unless my x-husband can get himself under control.

I date men, I know men, clearly, there are LOTS of men out there. I realize I sound silly, but this one has just gotten under my skin and I don't want to loose him before its really even started.

I'm confused by your question. Are you asking for a hyroglyphics translator if a guy tells you he likes you?

Now that you've told us the issue I definitely see the man in a different life.

Very worried about the safety of his daughter and so he should be.

So yes he must be keen if he is willing to continue seeing you.

You need to think of ways to reassure him if you want the realtionship to blossom.

Good luck
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.