+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inglourious Basterds

It a great film, not sure if it will become a classic though?

District 9 was well made, but over-rated. The Fourth Kind, that film is amazing.....and also the Men who stare at Goats.

Awesome entertainment (in parts - some dragged) but not classic Tarantino.

I probably enjoyed it more than most people since I grew up with war books/movies. The story was very well developed with many unexpected twists, especially when Shoshana got killed. I kinda hoped she'll make it to the end. Otherwise it was an unappreciated by many masterpiece.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Did I tell you I saw this, Gribble? I loved it! The best movie I saw this year, though granted, I haven't been seeing many movies. They all seem silly these days, and not compelling enough for me to ditract myself from thinking about the odds of the person who sat in the seat before me having lice or scabies. hahah

IB keep me seated throughout the movie.

One of the best movies for 2009..
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

I liked in the preview about how Brad's character said "THis man desires to die for his country. Would you be so kind as to oblige him?" Classic and I'm not sure if I want to see it though.

"District 9 was well made, but over-rated."

And too disgusting for words and for no reason at all.

You are so clever, and also so naughty.

I really liked Inglourious Basterds, I thought the bar scene was incredible, and I liked the way the German private is introduced, at first semi-likable despite his background, then quickly reveals himself to be a monster in every conceivable way. Its like Tarantino sets people up so that you can see them, feel them, empathize with them, then watch them die in full gory detail. I did not, however, like the ending. I thought the movie was great as a collection of sequences that were each worthy of a movie on their own, but the way they were turned into a loose 'macaroni' plot kind of detracted from the film in my eyes, especially the end where, well, you know. I thought the end was cheesy and ruined it a bit. Despite that, I'd still say Basterds is one of my favorite QT films of all time.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

I didn't watch IB at the movies because the trailer put me off like it did Gribble.

But how can I ignore it after all the praises in this thread.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I liebe this movie, its´absolutley great,m epecially christoh waltz

This was my least favorite Tarantino movie. Brad Pitt in particular turned in a lazy, corny performance. There were some good scenes, especially the opening scene and the bar scene. But it was too much meta-commentary, on the war on terror and on movies themselves. See, the Bush Administration is like Nazi Germany, and the Inglorious Basterds are al-Qaeda. I'm a moderate and independent voter, but even I was annoyed by that comparison.

Black Book was a far superior movie about WWII, though directed by Paul Verhoeven. Yes, the same Verhoeven who made such bad movies as Starship Troopers and Showgirls. But he also made the savagely humorous Robocop. Black Book is his masterpiece, a bold and startling epic set in the Netherlands during World War II.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12