+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inglourious Basterds

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Inglourious Basterds

What an awesome movie. The trailer was absolutely misleading, which is a shame. Brad Pitt is not the star of this show. The star is some guy named Christoph Waltz. I don't know where this guy has been, but he's an absolutely brilliant actor and he needs to win an Oscar or whatever the hell they give actors.

He plays the role of Col. Hans "The Jew Hunter" Landa, quite probably my most favorite character ever. I'm gushing like a schoolgirl over the latest boyband, I know, but this guy is so incredible. He's quite practically Sherlock Holmes in a Nazi uniform, and I love Sherlock Holmes.

So yeah, if you like Tarantino movies and, if like me, the trailer kind of turned you off, I'm here to say that you've got nothing to worry about. Great film.

Granted they could have cut every scene out but Landa's and I'd still be praising it. See it for the greatest villain since... since... I don't know when.

Oh, and District 9 was pretty kick ass too. I probably would have gushed over that movie if this one hadn't come along.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Ha!

Tarrantino is just pandering to his kosher over lords.

That movie is a flop and just like all the other zio-world war two movies that the goyim lap up like bagels and lox.

The joke is on you.

Take your anti-Heeb sentiments and shove them up your narrow ass, Mr. Crazy Guy. Really. It's wearing thin. You get to be a pain in the ass only up until the point where you cross a line, and you're damned close. This forum is not the place for you to float your prejudices.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanks for the review, Gribble. i have heard mixed reviews on this movie, but I trust your judgement. Maybe I can get out soon to see it.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would watch it, if Tarantino movies didn't have a history of being so violent and unnecessarily gory.

I can't handle gore.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's violent and gory, yes.

Not a chick flick by any stretch.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Inglorious Basterds kicked ass. I loved it!

Great movie. I'm not a grand gore-lover myself but even I could handle it. Maybe because of the slightly mocking undertone Tarantino put in it, in my opinion. And in the end I just like Tarantino his style. I'd recommend it, anyway.

Christoph Waltz was amazing, indeed. Brought out his character wonderful, chapeau.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It better be worth my time, Gribble. I'm going to see it based on your review.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I LOVED THIS MOVIEEEEE. I think I wanna go see it again. LOL

I saw it the other night with some friends. None of us thought it was as great as some of his earlier films, but it was a good movie overall.

inglorious!

ahhh I want to see that movie!

It was a typical Tarantino movie. Love it!
    love is the best thing in the whole world.

BEAR JEW!

I laughed so hard at that point.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

OMG, Tarantino's movies are all so good that i always wonders where he can find all this ideas...
    Inglorious basterds is a typically Tarantino movie, with all this blood and this conversation that are so unrealistic. The only disappointment of this movie is the end : the good are winning, the others are dying ... But the story is very good, just like the actors and all the rest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast