+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't understand!!!!!!!! T_T

I don't understand!!!!!!!! T_T

I went on a date today with a guy that I like. I'm not crazy about him, but I like him well enough.

It was going well, we went to get a snack and do some people watching. We talked, we laughed, He put his arm around me and played with my fingers. They he suggested that we take a small scenic hike so we did. Everything was going well until the drive home. Then he went from chatty to complete silence. When I asked him a question he gave me one-word answers. It was really strange. To the point where I was uncomfortable.

At the end of the date he was like "See you..." and I felt... dismissed. I told him I'd see him later and proceeded to go about my business. I figured I must have said or did something he didn't like which was fine, not everyone is going to like you. Then, I received a text from him that's like: "I had a great time! Blah blah blah!!!"

I don't understand why he'd give me the cold shoulder and then send a follow up text saying he had a great time. Is he playing games? If so they aren't that nice. I'm the Queen of disappearing on guys who are mean/moody to me. I'm always so quick to stop dating a guy for minor little things. Am I overreacting? Overly critical? What's his gosh darn deal?

could have just run out of things to talk about, or perhaps he felt just uncomfortable/shy.

I think it's way too early to tell. Some dates end up going through awkward phases, mostly because you're practically strangers. You're making alot of snap judgements about him when he's really done nothing wrong.

Do you have another date planned with him? Why not get to know him better?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

The joy of dating!!!!

I completely understand your frustration.

But at the same time when dating we get so used to strange happenings that we tend to expect the worst.

If you had a strong feeling that something was amiss then you are probably right.

But in your shoes, and just to be sure I am not ruling out someone unfairly I would take the opportunity of a second date if it presents itself...just to double-check this guy's behaviour...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

I've been driving with my wife and ran out of things to talk about Its not that uncommon to 'go blank' when asked questions during an awkward silence. Questions tend to put people on the spot and make things more awkward. I remember when I was dating that I drew a total blank a few times (and it was while driving). I was trying so hard to be a good driver, and come up with interesting conversation so hard that I had nothing....absolutely nothing. I'd give him one more chance if you actually liked his company.
    Last edited by Incognito; 22-03-10 at 10:57 PM.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Thanks all.

I'll try to calm down and not "kill" something before it even has a chance.

It could be just his way, you never know. Imo, it doesn't happen that often where a guy goes from very talkative to being so silent but who knows...Be patient and see how it progresses because it's too early to know right now.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    he was probably stressing out about whether or not he should kiss you.

Try not to be overly analytical. It's hard to get to know people.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Hy

I think you stressing too much. Enjoy love.
    Alexa :*