+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Interest signs

Interest signs

According to my research on human behavior (I call it that way because it's just based on observation), guys are expected to give the first step when starting a relationship and women usually give them some signs. I'm interested in those signs, how do you know what's a sign and what's not? What kind of signs do ladies here use?

I realize the meaning of the signs might be different in one context or another, so let's just suppose it's anywhere public, like a street or public transport unless explicitly specified (which would be good)

In a public setting, Im going about my daily business. The last thing on my mind, is trying to attract a man or showing interest in a man, I wouldnt even notice if a man was showing an interest in me in a public setting, such as the high street or public transport, because my mind is fixated on why Im on the street or public transport to start with. Whether it be going to buy that new dress, get in the daily shopping, or should I choose the gold earrings or the silver ones...etc, etc.....

In a different setting, a nightclub let's say, I'd be more alert to men who may be showing interest...
    Guess if I found him attractive, I'd look at him a lot, be open to chatting with him. He'd know I liked him, lets put it that way....

I'm doomed. I only see girls in "a public setting", I hate clubs and bars...

Cheer up,,,,,not all women will be like me, lol

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Cheer up,,,,,not all women will be like me, lol
    I hope so...

well with my current boyfriend i caught eye contact with him and smiled and he looked behind him to see who i was smiling at! ha. so i just went up to him and said hi and got his number, gave him a text the next day and the rest is history, that was in a pub though, although in the past when ive seen a good looking guy in the street or public place, ive just basically tried to get eye contact and once i do i look down and smile straight away, to sort of give the impression that he caught me eyeing him up, and then they approach me. oh my god that sounds like im a prostitute, ha!! but seriously eye contact tells you a lot.

^^^the problem with me though is that I'm usually oblivious to my surroundings so you could be the most beautiful woman in the world trying to get me to notice you and chances are I wouldn't...I don't know how many times I've been out and told later there was a woman interested in me and I didn't even notice her...so ladies if you see me out and want to talk to me throw a rock at my head or something.

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    ^^^the problem with me though is that I'm usually oblivious to my surroundings so you could be the most beautiful woman in the world trying to get me to notice you and chances are I wouldn't...I don't know how many times I've been out and told later there was a woman interested in me and I didn't even notice her...so ladies if you see me out and want to talk to me throw a rock at my head or something.
    ****, are you sure you are not my second personality?

Well, the first one.. because I do the same

Quote Originally Posted by kisswithafist View Post
    well with my current boyfriend i caught eye contact with him and smiled and he looked behind him to see who i was smiling at! ha. so i just went up to him and said hi and got his number, gave him a text the next day and the rest is history, that was in a pub though, although in the past when ive seen a good looking guy in the street or public place, ive just basically tried to get eye contact and once i do i look down and smile straight away, to sort of give the impression that he caught me eyeing him up, and then they approach me. oh my god that sounds like im a prostitute, ha!! but seriously eye contact tells you a lot.
    I've done the same thing your boyfriend did a few times, and then someone laughed at me because of it... I never got why that's a sign or anyone would look at me.
    Also, a few times going from one place to another, I've noticed a few times girls looking at me in the eyes for too long, and then I said my friend and she told me they wanted something with me... I don't get why if they want something they don't come and talk...

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Lol...exactly like me, Im totally oblivious to my surroundings - someone naked could walk past me and I wouldnt notice, lol. Too caught up in my own little world

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not everyone is so hyperfocussed when they are out and about. I'm quite happy to smile and make polite conversation with strangers most days. Some %age of the girls you talk to will be the same, keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Some of the girls you talk to will be the same, keep trying.
    THe problem is I don't really talk to them..going to try to change that.