+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! I don't think he has interest in me....

Help! I don't think he has interest in me....

*sigh* i really like this guy, and he seems different from all the other guys. Infact, he isn't the type of guy that i usually like. My type of guy was always the pretty boy look with beautiful eyes, muscular, and tan. Well, this guy i like is totally different. Infact, he is a total dork but extremely smart! He isn't the best looking i would admit, but looks aren't everything. I love his personality and his intelligence is definetly a plus. He is also very funny and it just makes me feel warm when i talk to him. But lately since i have told him how i felt, things have been really awkward. Plus, there is something special about our friendship. We have never met in person, but i feel like i have known him forever. I have talked to him for a year and fell in love with him....but things are awkward. I don't think he knows how he feels...and I don't think he wants to be with me. I really don't know what to think anymore.
    does anyone have advice?
    -:: love like you've never been hurt ::-

my advice is never fall in love unless it's in person. This will avoid a GREAT deal of complications (such as the one above). Hence, I will MAYBE flirt with girls over the net, but wouldn't ever pursue a girl through the internet, or over the phone, or anything.

Alexi

PS - Don't know what to tell YOU except not to do this again.

I don't think there's a whole lot of perspective here. He rejected you. Move on.

P.S. It being online has nothing to do with anything.

P.S. It being online has nothing to do with anything.
    Except that it's easier to lie to someone and never have them find out the truth. The pictures he sent? Could be a friend. Could be some 'person' whose website he found. The stuff he told you, could be false. Much easier for someone to lie while NOT looking at the person in the face. And the worst part is, you'll never know. You think you know him, he could be a completely different person. He could be a she. He could be a fifty year old man married with kids, looking for a good time. Or even just to mess with someone over the net. You'll never know.

Meet real people. Do real things. Go out on real dates. I really REALLY discourage internet 'dating'.

Alexi

Oh Chuckie...I said the same thing for like 8 years. Never even been to a site to just check it out. Never ever would you catch me there and you still wont. But guess what? I'm eating my words. I kinda met someone through the internet and am meeting him in just 23 days!!! YAHOOOOOOO....

I dont think its possible to "fall in love" with someone you've never met, how the hell could you???

So floatyouroboat-I think your friend is just that...a friend.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

I think it's commendable that you were able to re-direct your attraction from the superficial to the intellectually stimulating. Nevertheless, I think it was quite the risk to develop a relationship with someone who you have never met before. Having said that, if I were you, I would continue to be friends with the person however, if after a couple of weeks, the guy continues to act out of character whenever you talk to him then I suggest that you move on. There's no point in being friends with someone who can't be themselves around you. You deserve better than that.

Oh Chuckie...I said the same thing for like 8 years. Never even been to a site to just check it out. Never ever would you catch me there and you still wont. But guess what? I'm eating my words. I kinda met someone through the internet and am meeting him in just 23 days!!! YAHOOOOOOO....
    I don't see a reason not to MEET the person, as long as it's IN PERSON. THEN you can hang out and see what he/she is REALLY all about. I just really discourage people who do nothing but talk over the internet for hours and hours and never meet up and say that they're "totally in love" with this person and nothing else matters. Then they meet them, and find out that "Hey. This person isn't all that he/she said they were." And you've just wasted lots of time and avoided lots of REAL people that you could have gone out with for the 'wierdo internet guy'

'chuck' brown

'Chuck' Brown

maybe i should just stay friends? i don't know, its been complicated. He isn't the type to like a girl easily so i might give him more time. Oh yeah..i am going to meet him, maybe next week infact with some of my other friends because they know him as well. Its not like we are never going to meet, so I still have the tinnyest faith! well thanks for your advice everyone! there's just something about that boy....

PS i know what he looks like because my friend gave me a pic of him from the yearbook...and i think she wouldn't lie to me about that!

he didn't reject me...he just doesn't know how to feel. I mean come on the guy hasn't even met me...but our relationship as a friend has been going on for a year now.

yearbook pictures can be misleading. They are OFTEN touched up by the photographers. And people change. Hairstyles, personalities, etc. Just meet the guy.

i hope to do so!!!

i hope to do so!!!
    Excellent. Let us know how it goes when you meet him.

Damn...Squirrley met some dude on the internet, and nobody told ME about it!?! And it took me four friggin days to even read this post. And that chick is SOOOO hot! That guy is one lucky SOB. I'm devistated over here.

I may have to start a sympathy thread of my own.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

Im sorry Iron-I shouldve told you myself. But the good news is...is that he is so awesome..I think youd really like him.

ALexi-I just didnt find that is was my forte ya know? But I have to say that meeting people is great...and talking to them. Like on here. But this one particular person has intrigued me beyond words. And I AM meeting him in a couple of weeks. Hes great. There is a connection already...but I promise no crazy stuff for me.
    I like to air on the side of caution considering the is the FIRST time Ive done this and most likely will be the LAST!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

i wish you good luck squrriley!!! hehe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast