+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friends Saw Husband's Buns

Friends Saw Husband's Buns

Hi, this may be a new one but I'll give it a try. We are a couple, he is 60, I'm a few years less. Last summer we went on a trip to a secluded camping spot along with our two grandsons. We took many pictures and at one point I snapped one of my husband and our two grandsons, ages 2 and 4. He was going into the lake to bathe himself and the boys. I grabbed the camera and snapped a pic of them, bare backsides. A few weeks ago, we were having a few people over and my husband had arranged the pics into a slideshow on the computer. I had totally forgotten about the aforementioned pic. After hearing a few comments, I realized that he had included the pic of himself and the boys in the group. I heard one man joke that he had been 'mooned', and one female friend comment about 'seeing some buns', all in a light-hearted manner. I then realized that the pic had been included. I later asked my husband about it and he said it was just his backside and there's nothing wrong with people seeing a 60 year old man's hiney. I'm a bit uncomfortable with my female friends having seen my husband naked. I've asked a few co-workers about it and they said they didn't see a problem with it and wouldn't care if friends saw their husbands in a similar way, and that it's just an innocent family picture. Am I making too much of this? How would readers here react?

Yes you are making too much of it.

I suspect you are a very private person and that you felt very embarassed. But really it's nothing at all.

I would find the episode fun and sorta cute too. I am sure your friends did too!
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would have been more uncomfortable with your grandkids being eye-level to your husband's naked wiener.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

If your friends don't care, I don't see why you should. Did your husband just think it was funny or is he showing off his butt?
    Spammer Spanker

I don't think he was either one. He didn't consider it funny or wasn't showing off (as far as I know). He just put the pic in with the rest of them.

If he had posted a pic of your naked backside, you'd have every reason to be incensed. As it is, I think it's really no big deal. If he were hit by a bus tomorrow, you'd forget all about the picture, so it can't really be that important.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 03-04-10 at 12:32 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

Just get over it. That will be much easier than the alternative, which would involve brainwashing everybody who saw his buttocks.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I was thinking the same thing. It would have been much worse if you had snapped a picture of his goods. Buns without the frank and beans is no big deal.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Hi, Jenny. I agree with the others, there shouldn't be a problem with it. As long as he wasn't leaning over to help the kids and letting his goobers be seen, I see no problem with putting it in with the other pics. My wife would laugh her butt off if she could catch me bare-butted and show it to her friends. You should just laugh it off with the others.

Its a very normal for the people of that age..