+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how do i ensure her interest?

how do i ensure her interest?

hi, im 17 and ive been texting this girl i have liked for quite sometime now. im certain she liked me a lot to begin with well because her best friend told me and the signs were obvious, although unfortunately i fell for her sometime ago and told her how i felt. i was rejected because she felt we didnt know each other well enough so we didnt speak for 3 weeks. now ive texted her again saying ive got over her crush and i want to start over, so weve continued with our friendly banter and conversation making, i told her how i was dumped recently by a short term girlfriend. i like her and would like to go out with her, i know that i must be calm, relaxed and patient, however i dont want to get stuck in the friend zone from waiting too long. A friend suggested i see her around her work more often (her work is local) so i can build more face to face comfort with her rather than text messaging, i just want to know how i can keep her interested for a potential relationship??

thanks,

You probably talked too much, too soon to her... thus scaring her off.

She probably thinks you're wayyyy too deep... too heavy.

Change your image with her... and zip that lip.

You can't undo the past... but you can move on (sort of)

Invite her to a group outing for something you're good at... some hobby or skill... or whatever.

Be nice... be friendly... and leave it at that. Try to include her in the activity if you can... but treat her like a mate, regardless.

Then be flirty with her friends... but nothing too deep.

The text messages should start rolling in.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    You probably talked too much, too soon to her... thus scaring her off.
    If we really like someone, why would them talking a lot, scare us off??

Her level of interest in him obviously wasn't 'that' high and so when he talked too much, she ran for the hills.

We females can sense when a man is wanting more/may want more.
    If we like him, we stick around and reciprocate his interest.....if we don't, we think of ways to let him down gently, or we run.
    Even when we are trying to let them down gently, some men just don't take the hint and come on even more strongly.
    I've been in that situation tons of times and i run from it.

Saying that, I think that 'friends' can turn to more.......but there has to be an attraction there in the first place between them.

If a woman doesn't see you in a romantic light, nothing but nothing and no matter what you do, will get her to see you in one.

If a man is friendzoned......the majority of the time he will remain in it for good.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 06-04-10 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    If we really like someone, why would them talking a lot, scare us off??

Her level of interest in him obviously wasn't 'that' high and so when he talked too much, she ran for the hills.

We females can sense when a man is wanting more/may want more.
    If we like him, we stick around and reciprocate his interest.....if we don't, we think of ways to let him down gently, or we run.
    Even when we are trying to let them down gently, some men just don't take the hint and come on even more strongly.
    I've been in that situation tons of times and i run from it.

Saying that, I think that 'friends' can turn to more.......but there has to be an attraction there in the first place between them.

If a woman doesn't see you in a romantic light, nothing but nothing and no matter what you do, will get her to see you in one.

If a man is friendzoned......the majority of the time he will remain in it for good.

I reckon that my advice will serve him better in 2 out of 3 like scenarios... but yours is perfect for the 3rd (probably the most natural and truthful)

Unfortunately, most gals aren't from the Hallmark series of "Sarah Plain and Tall"...

well i can only assume when i heard she talked about me to her mum and her friends that at some point she had a thing for me. And she's still texting me now. i dont know, i mean im planning on meeting her and a mutual friend where they work this saturday and ask them if they want to go out that night, hopefully with some friends of theirs also. What do you think? if thats turned down im back to where i started !

They're meeting you, aren't they? You've already got to first base.

But you have to behave like a chivalrous man beyond that while fanning the flames.... which means not being predictable in all manners.

Be fun.... be free.... have fun....behave free...

You can''t insure jack squat, so turn to your natural male devices... the "peacock in camo" angle..

Be pleasant, yet be standoffish.

Be approachable, yet distant...

DON'T PISS IN THEIR COLLECTIVE BUCKET...

It's a trap.... avoid it at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    ... but yours is perfect for the 3rd (probably the most natural and truthful)

I always give an honest opinion and I like honesty in return...I don't believe in sugar coating and filling peoples heads with false hopes lol

God loves a trier though and depending upon how desperately we want something and the lengths we are willing to go, we will give things a further shot...so no harm in following your advice I guess. There are always exceptions...

Quote Originally Posted by jamie2010taylor View Post
    hi, im 17 and ive been texting this girl i have liked for quite sometime now. im certain she liked me a lot to begin with well because her best friend told me and the signs were obvious, although unfortunately i fell for her sometime ago and told her how i felt. i was rejected because she felt we didnt know each other well enough so we didnt speak for 3 weeks. now ive texted her again saying ive got over her crush and i want to start over, so weve continued with our friendly banter and conversation making, i told her how i was dumped recently by a short term girlfriend. i like her and would like to go out with her, i know that i must be calm, relaxed and patient, however i dont want to get stuck in the friend zone from waiting too long. A friend suggested i see her around her work more often (her work is local) so i can build more face to face comfort with her rather than text messaging, i just want to know how i can keep her interested for a potential relationship??

thanks,

Hey. I am giving you a secret tips to get her..

Try to admire her and talk about her good habbits and make it your habbit (don't take it as your homework) and keep doing it for few month.. A day will come when she will come to know how beautiful is your feeling for her and she will also started thinking about you!!!!!!! Hope she will start loving you..
    but be careful, It should be natural and from heart....

best of luck!!

ok cool thanks guys, one more question tho we did have a discussion of how i broke up with a short term girlfriend and she seemed interested in why it didnt work out. im concerned that is friend territory when discussing relationships with others and im worried thats all we'll ever be, either that or she likes me and is trying to asses my weaknesses as a potential bf! either way its a lose lose situation for me, what do you think?