+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Spouse wants to be burried with her EX ... ?

Spouse wants to be burried with her EX ... ?

Ok so... My wife's husband passed away. (Drowned in a lake saving his now 11 year old son.)

He beat her once, and it left her legally crippled...... (bad knee and back) ....

Regardless, her and I have been very happy together married for about a year now........ And the subject of burrial plot came up (because her mother is dieing) and she informed me that she has a plot with Her Ex.... and she wants to be burried with him and she thinks thats only fair for her and her kids....

And that there is a space open above hers that she could reserve for me.. We have not discussed MY 3 kids, because I was quickly upset about finding out she planned on being burried with her ex husband!!!

Im here planning to spend the next 40+ years of my life with her, and shes planning to be burried with him still!????!!!??

AM I WRONG for feeling betrayed and stabbed in the back??

When we got married, shouldnt of that changed her plans of where she wanted to be burried??????

Should I just go ahead and set my plot and my kids with her?????

I guess I could be a jerk and contact my ex, and her other, and ask them if I can be burried with them?!!!???

I feel .... alone..... abandoned... Betrayed....

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She sounds like a f*cking wackjob.

The ex is dead. Her gesture means nothing to him and causes you pain. She is being a stupid jerk. Tell her I said so.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

As for their kids, he probably beat them, too. I would be surprised if they were enthusiastic about being buried next to him.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

She's totally in the wrong. You have to pick your battles, and this is one worth fighting.
    Spammer Spanker

ask for a divorce..give her the biggest fright ever!
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

He gave up his life for their kid. She should be eternally grateful. She should honor him regardless of the beating, as he in a way redeemed himself with his life.
    Wife should not be buried next to him, as she is YOUR wife now. Technically it doesn't really matter cus yall be dead. It's the idea of spending eternity next to someone.
    She must reconsider. Her child can take that plot....not her.

Hmmm, how can she even say that out aloud and think it sounds perfectly normal?! It is always difficult competing with the memories of somebody who has passed away and you accept that they will forever be a part of the person they left behind, and I know they made plans together in the past but she is now in the present with you and hopefully for the future too so her previous plans should quite rightly be ammended to include and feature you primarily. Very insensitive and inconsiderate of her. Make your feelings on the matter extremely clear and don't succumb to her decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!