+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How bad is this?

How bad is this?

Okay, I know that I'm a dumbass, but a little insight into my prob. I went to the airport to meet a client (Japanese) he had his daughter and SIL with him. She (daughter) is very young, very pretty and very pregnant. On the way out of the terminal, she broke a heel on the pavement, and my "southern gentleman ", training kicked into gear, and I picked her up and carried her to the SUV, where my GF was waiting. GF was not amused, but was I so wrong to lend a hand? Her Dad and H aren't big men, and so could not have aided her, but as my GF pointed out, why didn't she just take off her other shoe and gone barefoot. So now GF is pissed, and I'm in the dog-house.

First off - tell her you dont like sushi

I think it is not a big deal but it really depends on your relationship and what boundaries you have set.

eg. if she broke her heel and some handsome hunk picked her up and carried her to the car, would you be upset ?

Haha. Don't stress she'll get over it. Think it's just the whole knight in shining armour-damsel in distress thing, you know, like he's my boyfriend, he should be protecting me. She's just being territorial, it will all blow over shortly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

And honestly, you should be more worried if she didn't care! A case of the green-eyed monster here and there is perfectly normal and healthy in a relationship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

guys have a thing for pregnant chicks.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Picking up and carrying your client's young pregnant daughter sounds like a very odd thing to do.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would have probably been upset if I were your girlfriend, but to be honest, I would be more concerned about how her husband and father felt about it. Your display of masculinity may have made them feel inadequate, and if they are traditional, they may not have appreciated you touching that girl with that degree of familiarity..

I'm sure the girl was impressed, though.
    Last edited by vashti; 12-04-10 at 08:13 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I don't think its a huge deal....I give you credit for being a gentleman...there aren't enough of us...it totally pisses me off when I see a guy just standing around when a person...man or woman...drops something...or on the bus if there is a lady that gets on, get your ass up and let her have your seat...I know you don't have to...its the polite.

...a little old school manners never hurt anybody.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

I guess some men are gentlemen, you being one of them.

I doubt it would have bothered me, if a partner of mine had rushed to a pregnant womans rescue. I'd have seen it that he was helping out and what's wrong with helping out someone who has fallen and particularly when in a heavily pregnant state?

Maybe abit awkward but a nice thing to do non of the less.

She's probably proud that you'd do such a thing somewhere inside her.

Well Charlie, I thought that she had twisted her ankle, but on getting to the Hotel, she was able to walk just fine...........Vash, she has a pretty big belly, so I don't think that either her H or Dad could have carried her, but yes,the girl seemed very happy with the situation.

Was there an option your girlfriend suggested that would have made her happier? Could you have found a wheelchair for the daughter?

If you were my man, I might have been a little jealous but proud if the fact that you're the kind of guy who would help a pregnant woman.

Then again, I would have thought she was a freaking retard for wearing heels if she's that pregnant.
    Spammer Spanker

I've come to realize, since having to deal with them , frequently, that Japanese people always dress to impress. Most of my clients and their wives/SO'S are always dressed expensively and fashionably. BTW, just holding her in my arms was a real epiphany, I now know that I want at least one more child, possibly two.

I would hold off on telling your girlfriend that anytime soon, if you want to retain the equipment necessary to impregnate someone.
    Spammer Spanker

Gig, she is all for the idea! She has grown so fond of my own two that she is really anxious to have a couple of our own. BTW, when my ex-wife came by for her sporadic visit to her "babies", my youngest wouldn't go to her but went to my GF instead, I'm pretty geeked about that.