+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i back off for a bit?

Should i back off for a bit?

We've been going out for 8 months. I'm 22 and shes 18.

My girlfriend has had a male friend who has been texting her a lot. I dont mind guys texting her but have had a bad feeling about this guy for quite a while. We'll call him Dave.

Last week we had a bit of an argument (about nothing really) and she was strange all weekend. She told me she feels like we spend too much time together and she misses having more female friends (she fell out with a few of her friends a while ago). Im not stopping her meeting new people or going out, in fact i just want her to be happy! Im not needy and dont need to see her all the time but when shes not around i like to let her know i do miss her.

All week we've both been acting a bit strange. Shes not been texting or phoning me as much and because of this ive probably been overly clingy and text and phoned too much. Because ive felt uneasy ive probably been a little weird. Last night i had to go offline and said "phone me if u fancy a chat - if not im off to bed "... she didnt bother phoning.

Now, tonight. Shes going to the pub and Dave is going to be there. On facebook i saw her tell one of her other friends to come along because "dave and that are going to the pub". Which makes me think it was him who has invited her along. Im pretty uneasy with this.

I'm not meant to be seeing her again until Saturday. I'm not sure whether to ignore her a bit today and see if she makes first contact, or give her a phone. Im also going to the gym later on which is right next to the pub shes going to, ill probably see them as i walk past the door. Should i pop in and say hi? or just give her a bit of space until Saturday and ignore my paranoia?

Not really sure what to do...

In my opinion, if you go to the pub tonight, it should be for the purpose of kissing her goodbye. She tells you that she wants space to spend more time with girlfriends, and then she goes to a pub to meet a guy???? I'm sorry, but am I missing something?

Mate just use the push pull strategy, the more u pull her towards you the more she will try to push you away...but the more you push her away the more she will pull towards you...just go to the gym, dont text her before or during you go and then after the gym just go straight home and say just got back from gym, gona crash out goodnite. that way she knows you were close by her and you didnt bother going to the pub to say helo. that way she will realise you aren't obsessed about her and she will hopefully start talking to you.

if she doesnt do that, then good riddance, she isnt worth it and isnt that interested...

She's not going specifically to meet this guy. It's her old friends from school and hes part of the same group. I imagine there will be around 7 people there and he's just one of them. They all sort of kept in touch but she drifted apart from them.

If she was going to the pub with him I wouldnt be posting this, i wouldve already kissed her good bye!

Quote Originally Posted by therealjag View Post
    Mate just use the push pull strategy, the more u pull her towards you the more she will try to push you away...but the more you push her away the more she will pull towards you...just go to the gym, dont text her before or during you go and then after the gym just go straight home and say just got back from gym, gona crash out goodnite. that way she knows you were close by her and you didnt bother going to the pub to say helo. that way she will realise you aren't obsessed about her and she will hopefully start talking to you.

if she doesnt do that, then good riddance, she isnt worth it and isnt that interested...
    makes sense, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by amazed View Post
    She's not going specifically to meet this guy. It's her old friends from school and hes part of the same group. I imagine there will be around 7 people there and he's just one of them. They all sort of kept in touch but she drifted apart from them.

If she was going to the pub with him I wouldnt be posting this, i wouldve already kissed her good bye!
    Bit of a coincidence that she and this Dave are texting back and forth and he's gonna be at the same pub don't you think?

Think that would set my alarm bells off ringing.

She wants space and to have more female friends, yet you have never stopped her from having friends and going out to enjoy herself.

She could have best of 'both worlds' in this case, yet she's opted instead to distance from you.

Think about it.

therealjag has it right! In the mean time, be sure you are going out with friends and keeping yourself happy! You have a life of your own too!
    Always,
    BelievNLove

Want to Get Your Ex Back?
    http://gr8thanks.makingup.hop.clickbank.net