+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ending Chapters In Life

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A letter came in today from a disgruntled customer. One of those customers who has absolutely absurd demands. Everyone's afraid to say no to them. Me? I love saying no. Individual customers mean nothing to us. We make money through contracts with real companies, so the little guys, we're doing them a goddamn service when we take their business.

Anyway, he had some noble charity or something that he was representing, and he showed up with this long sob story and more or less begged us to work for peanuts. Naturally all my weak-willed, jelly-spined coworkers wanted to help him out. I gave him a quote. He turned pale and choked and mentioned something about dying kids or starvation or whatever. I shrugged. Told him it didn't make any difference to me whether we were selling ****ing greaseball hamburgers to fat, heart-attack prone morons or if we were soliciting handouts for the needy, we charge the same regardless.

After about twenty minutes of him whining and me flatly refusing he finally got up, told me he'd pray for my soul or some shit, and left. I forgot about it until, as I mentioned, that letter arrived. My boss called me in and showed it to me. In the letter he referred to me as a cold, distant and humorless husk of a man. My boss and I had a good laugh at that. I mean, Chrissakes, I totally have a sense of humor.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should be a lawyer, Gribble. Oh, and your corporate policy sucks. Your story is funny, but its going to have negative effects you don't realize beyond this guy. There are smarter ways to deal with these sorts of requests and still make money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12