+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life

Life

Recently... while I was away from this board I've asked myself many questions. "Whats the purpose of my life?", a question that perculiarly seems to keep appearing in my mind. In todays current society, theres this belief that life is to get an education, start a family, make something of yourself. As I grown up throughout these years, I've asked myself countless times... isn't there anything more to life? and then I realised, through personal experience that there is more to life than passing on your genes. Which lead me to the conclusion that life is a "Journey of knowledge". From reading posts from Bdonuts thread "Mind expansion 101" I've come to realise that I'm ready to embark on this journey, whether I find what I'm looking for in the next 60 years, I don't know. But I know when I look back on my life I know I tried. Like Illusional once said and other respectable members on this forum...

"live your life like you will die tomorrow"

and thats what I will intend to do. Nomore being the "underdog", second best. It's time I go that extra mile and get what I want. "living in the past is a life wasted". Like they say "People who live in the past are doomed to repeat it". Being Eurasian, alot is expected of me. So it's about time I show people what I got eh?

To finish off this post I leave you in my opinion a few respectable quotes from members of this board.

"Instead of worrying about the future, embrace the present. It's here, isn't it? And it's waiting for you to play with it."

"live for the moment"

Later!
    Last edited by Kiechi; 28-03-05 at 08:32 AM.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

hi......
    i think that we should live the moment but don't forget the past and the future..
    we should remember the past....if it was bad that well bush us to work so it won't be repeated again....and if it was good..we work to keep the success and don't loose it..

and we should thinl about the future to dream about a better future to make our dreams come true.....

thats my look at the life

[URL=http://www.islamway.com/mohammad/?lang=eng]WHO IS MOHAMMED...P.B.U.H[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/uiatm/un_islam.htm]understanding islam and muslims[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by one.m
    hi......

we should remember the past....if it was bad that well bush us to work so it won't be repeated again....and if it was good..we work to keep the success and don't loose it..

and we should thinl about the future to dream about a better future to make our dreams come true.....

thats my look at the life
    Hey thanks for your input.

i think that we should live the moment but don't forget the past and the future..
    I agree with some certain aspects of this notion, for example forget. Do not get me wrong, the past and the future are not something to forgotten in drop of a hat, but their also not something we should cling on to.

and we should thinl about the future to dream about a better future to make our dreams come true
    Absolutely. But remember our futures aren't pre-ordained, we write our future through our present. So why dream if you can make the future you dream of, a reality?

Later!
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

reading your post reminds me to movies: "Dead Poets Society" and his message: "Carpe Diem - seize the day", and "Back to the Future- part III" and his message (quote): " your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it".

Nice, Kiechi! That was an inspiring post. Before I address you I must respond to something that One.moron said:
    Yeah? Hmm, well I think you should worry more about the muslims who aren't really muslims that like to blow up our buildings in the name of Allah a bit more than trying to convert us harmless intellectuals. Okay? Sound like a plan? Hop to!

Okay, back to my forte. I think people have to power to make their life's purpose whatever they wish it to be, and I'm with you on that whole "Journey of Knowledge" idea, that's a great place to be at. But when situations in your life aren't so agreeable, it's easy to get thrown off track. That's why you should remember the actual purpose of life (life in general, not just your own) :

To experience itself.

Isn't that simple? All life is just the universe experiencing itself! And for what? Well, I say for fun. Knowledge though, is a great way to have fun (at least for me.) And it fits with that also. The more you experience yourself, the more you know about yourself, and life. And the more fun you will have! (Because fun is relative here, non-existence seems pretty boring, even compared to suffering, no?)

Remember the words of Lao Zi: "Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. " (Damn, I wish I'd said that.)

i want to tell you that all of my dreams are for islam....onthing else

[URL=http://www.islamway.com/mohammad/?lang=eng]WHO IS MOHAMMED...P.B.U.H[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/uiatm/un_islam.htm]understanding islam and muslims[/URL]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So far my life goal has basically boiled down to this.

And it's funny cause it was a jeep commercial slogan that let me put this goal into 3 simple words.

"Tell better stories."

That's cool, Frasbee!

I like it!

But don't forget to be practical.

Sure, live for the moment sounds very romantic, but who's gonna bail you out tomorrow if you lived today as if you were dying tomorrow and you weren't mindful of the future?

Everyone set's their own happy median. There are what people call "extremists" in either direction. Most people are actually moderate, and this is the "norm".

I say you gotta find what's good for you, truly. That's part of finding yourself, in my opinion.

Freds

I was talking about this to a friend today, and we came to pretty much the same conclusion as you, Nomas:

It's a balance.

Peace.

It always is. Nothing is black or white..just shades gray. It's always relative, blah, blah, blah..and the cycle goes on...always repeating itself.

That's why we have to throw in "shallow" things to talk about in the mix every now and then.

Gotta love that variety.

Freds

Kiechi----Wish I had half your enthusiasm.

Donut----"The more you experience yourself, the more you know about yourself, and life. And the more fun you will have!"

Fun agreed. But when all is said and done, where would that leave us? Back to square one. We start at zero and end at zero. What is the whole point of life? I want to be able to grasp something concrete at the end of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine
    I want to be able to grasp something concrete at the end of it all.
    You can't.

But you know what you can do? Right now, you could go outside, walk down the street, grasp a stick, and break it. Isn't that cool? You couldn't do that before you were alive, so it must have something to do with it's meaning...

Or maybe Ayn Rand is just getting to me.

Concrete... I'm not sure what you mean by that... or... I'm not sure what I mean by it anymore. Science has shown that nothing is actually concrete, or, that is material in the generally thought of sense. The deeper you go, the more you find it's all just emptiness and strings of random energy, energy that seems to pop in and out of existence as it pleases. So maybe your life experience, coursing through those ineffable neurons (which more and more seem to be independently conscious entities) is the most concrete thing there is.

And who's to say that you won't finally be able to "grasp" your entire life, and much more, in a much realer sense, when it all does end?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    nomas... precisely, when you live for the moment, you can't always depends on someone to bail you out of your situation. sure your friends will be there to help you in any way they can, but in the end, it's all about yourself and the choices that you wish to make. i personally learn things to hard way so i'm always having to deal with these problems that i have created for myself, yet this is the best way that i learn. trial and error.

life itself is not clear which is why the world has so many problems. basically gray would be al good description of how people think. i'm not saying that everyone should live for the moment, it's just a way that i would like to live. i present you with an option, but it's up to you if you choose to live this way.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Donut----By concrete I was refering to the light at the end of the tunnel, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I know I'm on this journey of life, tippling through the flowerbeds, smelling the roses, as well as getting stuck in the mud occasionally.

I'm just hoping that there will be something at the end of it all. Just journeying for the sake of experiencing the journey, isn't enough to motivate me. There's got to be a destination at the end of it all.

"And who's to say that you won't finally be able to "grasp" your entire life, and much more, in a much realer sense, when it all does end?"

That would be cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast