+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex-bloke is constantly in my face.

That would be assault!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

Okay, well, then just tell him to leave you alone, and when he doesn't put a restraining order against him.

I've seen it a ton of times on COPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jas_mine View Post
    We continued with the relationship hoping that the other person would change their mind - he kept asking me if I would convert and the answer was a firm no. He would've been okay with it but there was pressure from his family for me to do so and he wouldn't dare displease them. He considered going it alone but I guess he ultimately couldn't which is fair enough. It ended when he demanded to know whether I could stop drinking and could guarantee our children would be his religion to which my reaction was 'piss off'! Relationships are about compromise, what exactly are you sacrificing?

I do need to stop banging on about it though! We agreed to keep our distance because we naturally still love each other - staying in contact and being friends would not help us move on. I think he still has his fingers crossed that I will change my mind but I am too sure of myself. Am glad somebody understands my situation though, is a bit alien but thank God for Azure eh!
    It ended when he demanded to know whether I could stop drinking and could guarantee our children would be his religion to which my reaction was 'piss off'!
    LOL, bet he was disgusted with the language too :p

Guy I was involved with would mention me converting too and he didn't like the fact that I consumed alcohol. Not that I drink it a lot, only socially, but the night I met him I'd had a drink and he was displeased and said don't do it again lol. Also he'd say kids had to be brought up in his religion. He even mentioned this hijab things that women wore and I was like WTF?? If he thinks I'd wear one of those, he must be mistaken. But he said he was joking, he wasn't that bad.

Thing is, I'd have converted...well I think I would have anyway. I'm not particularly religious anyway and I realise I would have been going from one life to another, but I dunno, think it's something I'd have done. But then is converting right and for the sake of the guy. It's not the right reason to convert.

Like you also say, relationships are about compromise

Nah, this one ain't into that head-scarf thing! Funny thing is, well, I drink a lot and he's sort of been okay with it, I mean he actually started drinking because of me so it's hypocritical that he should ask me to stop, how ironic! I'm not majorly religious either, not actively anyway but I still have beliefs, they just seem to have that attitude that their religion is superior to others and that really bugs me, besides you should only convert if you actually accept the religion and truly believe in it - I find it very misogynist and old-fashioned. Each to their own though eh. I have no qualms about him following it but don't date somebody outside of your religion if it is a major issue, don't date me and then try to change me, whatever happened to accepting people as they are eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^^I'm surprised you actually got him to drink alcohol because that is a big NO NO. Guy in my situation never drank and doesn't intend too, but he doesn't follow the religion strictly. As in he does other stuff that would be frowned upon. These guys arent even supposed to be in the company of females and unsupervised by a family member. I learned so much about what it all involved and courtesy of him and his many Islamic lectures. Think he was trying to brainwash me *shock horror* lol

Trouble is, they are very much ruled by the parents and the parents are normally first generation in this country, so they are the second generation. I think future generations in this country are likely to tear away from routine and rules, as they become more westernised.

I know, it's all very pick and choose - they are not even supposed to be in the presence of the opposite sex, like alone - how is that even practical?! As for dating and what not, that is completely out of the question - like I said though, they choose to ignore what suits them.

Thing is his family were very aware of the fact that we were dating, not that I have ever met any of them but he had expressed how he felt about me to his mum and she quite liked the sound of me, and thought I was very pretty, something which apparently she has never said about any other girl, not even his ex-wife, she said I had to convert though! He even went as far as saying can't you just pretend to?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think he must have thought something of you, you know. Especially if he was wanting you to pretend to convert. Plus, he didnt hide you and introduced you to his family. So this guy was serious about you I think.
    I guess if you had given him what he'd wanted, you would still be with him.

Maybe that is why he mentions marrying other women, to piss you off.

He mentioned me to his family and they know of my existence, but I was never introduced but then I aint just around the corner. He had to mention me really and because from far away I was helping them out with something and they had wondered who it was being so generous. He'd told them I was a good friend. His brother knows it was more however, as do his mates. He'd said he didn't trust anyone and he had to be careful what he told people and who he told.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12