+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship with coworker

Relationship with coworker

Ok so here goes....this girl that started working with a few months ago and I talked alot during work. We really hit it off well. She started texting me and we would hang out sometimes on weekend etc just doing friend things. She's married...but would call me and text me alot and i kind of started to have feelings for her and it felt like she had feelings for me too. Her husband is overseas right now...so i'm being extra careful so that this doesn't lead to anything.

I asked her if her husband was ok with us hanging out as much as we did, and she said yeah, he's really relaxed because she has alot of guy friends.

After this I kind of started feeling wierd toward her....like i didn't want to hang out with her anymore. I'm not really sure why, if it's because i kind of wanted something to happen because i kind of liked her? Or if my crush is wearing off and i'm not only seeing the good things about her anymore? It's wierd, but now she is acting wierd because i don't talk to her as much as i used to.

Not really sure how to handle this. Thanks for listening...

She's probably enjoying the extra attention from you since her husband isn't around. For all you know her husband DOES care if she's hanging out with other guys. If he knew that you had feelings for her, he'd most definitely care. I'd refrain from going any further with this situation. No good will come of it. Plus, she's a coworker. That could cause even more drama.

Yeah that's good advice. I have distanced myself from her a bit now, and she basically went off and yelled at me about not taking out her recycle papers when she was out of the office. It was really weird. It kind of bugged me right away and then it all of a sudden didn't. It feels like she has been on her best behavior and now that I'm not giving her all the attention she's acting like her usual self, which, if this is what she's really like, i am not enjoying being around her...so it will make forgetting about the whole thing much easier.