+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I try to get my ex-boyfriend back?

Should I try to get my ex-boyfriend back?

I was dating a guy two years ago. We were together for one year. One day unexpectedly I received a job offer to work abroad for one year. The opportunity was so good that I took it. My boyfriend wanted me to stay, but did not tell me. He said before I left that I must come back. I told him that I would come back.

We did not keep in contact while I was abroad due to some misunderstandings. I did not have his contact information because he has a job where he has many secretaries and one of them was supposed to give me his e-mail, but she didnīt. So these people around him sabbotaged my efforts to get in touch. It was the same when I came back, his secretaries pretended that they never knew me. When we were together he would call me every day, so I did not need his contact information. However, he must be thinking that I on purpose did not contact him. If I want to contact him now, for example, I can only see him at conferences or public places like that, I still donīt have his phone number. It took me longer than expected to come back to my country, because I still had work to do. It took me one year and a half to go back. When I came my ex-boyfriend was angry and ignoring me. He looked at me as if I was invisible, but he still said hello, and asked for my number. However, he did not call me. He called me later on when I talked to one of his friends, but our conversation was only job related. Last time I saw him he was in a better mood, he flirted with me, but I still canīt get him to call me, and every time I try to see him I feel like a fool, but I still love him. That is why I still try to see him.

My ex-boyfriend is a public figure. I guess that is why he would call me through his secretaries. He would know how to contact me, but I could only contact him through another person. He is 47, and I am 32. He is a public figure and has body guards, that may be one of the reasons why he would contact me through his secretaries. At this point, though, I donīt know what is his dating situation. He is divorced long time ago. He is very good looking. When we were dating he would call me every day, sometimes twice a day. So based on what I said, do you think I still have a chance with him, or is this a lost cause? What should I do?

If he really wanted to stay in touch, he would have made sure you had his email address. He left it up to some secretary.

Look, he knows you're back and he presumably knows how to get in touch with you. If he's not calling you up and asking you out, it's because he doesn't want to. For a regular guy, I'd say yes, pursue it, but he sounds like a bit of a control freak who likes to keep his boundaries very clear. He doesn't sound like the kind of guy who would appreciate being pursued.
    Spammer Spanker

You guys are in your 30's and 40's and some other people sabotaged your relationship and your efforts to keep in touch? I think by this point you both should be good enough to communicate to each other what you want, how you feel, and how to keep in touch. And you dated for a year and he still didn't have your email?

I think how he treated you when you got back was a bit immature, giving you the cold shoulder and all. And now you have to jump through hoops just to for you to see him and he's playing kind of hot and cold. Something about the situation doesn't feel right and I think you picked up on that with your gut feeling. "But you love him." It doesn't mean he will feel the same way and I think the possibility that you felt very alone and isolated abroad has left you wanting more from this guy because it was put on hold and this is what you have to look back on and remember.

You already gave him your number but he still hasn't taken the liberty or the effort to call. I think this says alot. He's got his big important public image to work on and maintain, and probably doesn't have enough time for you.

Keep chasing him by all means if that's what you want but it seems futile.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Is there a possibility that he is dating someone else, and that is the reason for him not to contact me?
    Why would he play hot and cold if he has no intention of contacting me?

I think he still holds a bitterness towards you, that stems from your going away to work. In time, he will come around

Our situations are incredibly way too similar. Were both on different sides of the spectrum however. I think hes waiting for you to give him a clear hint. Im the ex in your story. Everything is pretty much spot on, obviously not exactly the same but all same scenarios. People sabotaged my relationship. My ex-wife left for the military when I didnt want her to. She recently came back from Iraq. She was a little friendlier than normal. I asked for her number but I havent called. To me it seems like he doesnt know how you feel about him. Thats where im at and thats why I havent called. Im waiting on a clear hint that she feels the same way. Let him know whats on your mind. Obviously dont beg or sound desperate. If he doesnt want to reconnect than leave it at that. You should be over the anxiety of not being with him right? Im in the same boat you are. Maybe atleast one of us came make it off, lol. Give me an update. Good luck and I hope everything works out. I really do.

you can also get your boyfriend back by making him jealous by talking to other guys in front of when you are not in relation with your boyfriend. Jealousy really works

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Public figures have two cards, one with their office number and one with their personal number. If you don't have the latter, he's just not that into you.

You won't find rest my dear until you make the first move and make sure that when you do that you will be ready for anything cause he might reject you or it is possible that he has moved on with his life that is why he's ignoring you. Try to find a way to talk to him and take it from there.

I made the effort to try to contact him through one of his secretaries. The secretary first said, call next week, she did that like three times. Then she said that she did not receive a response from him saying when he could meet me. So it must be like a month that I am trying to contact him. But it is kind of strange because the last time I spoke with him on the phone which is like 6 months ago he said you can call me if you have any problem, and he also flirted with me when he saw me. I am thinking maybe he didnīt mean any of what he said. I guess on my side I did all I could do, anything more than that would be harassing him.