+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do girls feel about being approached?

How do girls feel about being approached?

I was at a book store not long ago, sitting at the coffee corner, reading some books, and I noticed this one girl sitting a few tables from me... Well, I kinda check her out for a little bit going back to mind my business. I then got up, went to the restroom, and on the way back I checked her out again... Well, it turned out she was looking at me as well. I got a bit embarrassed and look away.

I wanted to approach her and have a chat with her, but she seem to be busy studying, so I give up the idea. Anyway, how do you ladies feel about being approached in situations like that? Or rather, even if I didn't catch her looking at me, would it be rude for me to approach her anyway?

If you're really cute she won't mind you talking to her, maybe her boyfriend will, but go for it. Maybe you can get a date out of it.

Everton. I can tell you from experience it's a crap shoot. Sometimes the girl will be flattered and yes sometimes she will (believe it or not) be pissed.

If you ever get a bad reaction just say exactly what you explained above. "Ohh I thought you were giving me the "Come over and talk to me eye's." Which is the truth. If she has even a shred of proper upbringing she will at worst part with you respecting your effort or B it may actually buy you some "Okay I'm listening" time.

For me to be approached and be receptive, it depends on my mood and what I'm doing. If I'm doing a quiet activity like reading or studying, I'd rather be left alone. I have a male roommate that does this to me. He'll come upstairs and waltz into my room if the door is even slightly cracked and start blathering about his ex-girlfriend. The whole time I'm sitting there trying to catch up on LOST episodes until he goes away.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Unless you have something relevant to converse about forget it. If you can make converstation that pertains to her go for it. Ie- you see her studying math... you took math and are very good at math so you'd approach her in effort to talk about math...

Don't...just don't.You don't want a upset girl in a bookstore.
    Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
    Franklin P. Jones

My hope died long time ago.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I should add I don't like being approached unless you're darn good looking and very charming, even then all you've got is me flattered it has never gotten further than that even when I was single.

Depends on the girl. I mean, if it was me I wouldnt've mind.

If she looks preoccupied, then I wouldn't go for it. Feel out her vibe a bit, before going in for the kill.

Personally, I've always hated that. Nobody ever got anywhere with me by interrupting me when I was reading or studying.
    Spammer Spanker

I"d say go for it and don't worry about th results!

You could strike lucky one day + it will improve your confidence to speak to complete strangers...yes most times you'll feel rejected but this is the greatest learning curve of all to keep at it even though you will not win all the time!!!

I know you love Maths so statistically you must know that the more you try the more chances are on your side!
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've had people come up and start talking to me while I was studying in a coffee shop. I was cool with that. A bookstore, maybe not. Usually you seek those places out to read because you're looking for solitude. So maybe it would have been ok? She wasn't exactly in a library.....and was sitting in the 'coffee corner' as you said.

Ask to borrow a pen or something, to break the ice. Then reference her reading materials. If you don't get a good reception, thank her for the use of said pen and move on.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi