+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think I was dumped?

I think I was dumped?

Thing is, I wasn't told I was dumped. I had been seeing this "man" (and I use that word loosely) for 6 mos. Everything was going great. He treated me great. Made me feel really good about myself. Then boom...one day he turned his phone off; won't answer my calls, texts, emails, etc. I don't even know if he's even reading them. He could very well be just deleting them. What hurts the most is that I have no closure. I don't know what or if I did anything wrong. I have no clue! Thats whats making me crazy. I keep emailing him...just tell me its over..I just need him to say it. I'd be fine if he would only do just that. I mean, tell me something, anything. This not knowing is unbearable. Its cruel and heartless. Noone has ever done anything like this to me before. Sure, I've been dumped before but at least I was told in one form or another. I feel so much devastation and I just don't know why. I just want to hear those words. What is so wrong with that???

How long has this sudden no contact been going on?

Were you "seeing" him online? What's stopping you from going to his house to make sure he's still alive? Is he married or something?
    Spammer Spanker

I'm thinking you didn't have a major role in this mans life, otherwise if anything bad had happened to him, a family relative or a friend of his would have contacted you and informed you.

If his family or friends were aware of your existence and they havn't contacted you, then assume nothing has happened to him other than he just decided to cut you off and out of his life and for whatever reason.

If they were not aware of you, then do you at least know someone who knew him and to ask if he's ok?

On an old episode of Friends, one of the guys was agonizing over how to break up with the woman he'd been seeing. One of the female friends sarcastically said, "Be a man about it. Just stop calling her." That really is how some guys deal with it.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well when I lose interest (and it was only "seeing") I simply stop calling that IS telling him IMO.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well if he is ignoring you, I'd stop trying to get in touch with him because he's clearly a douchebag and everytime you send him an email telling him you need 'closure' it makes you look weak and probably just stokes his ego.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Wasnt this a two way relationship? where you have his number, where he works, lives......that you can check out. That is what I would do.

That is pretty lame. He could have the common decency to say to your face, "i"m sorry but we can't see each any more because....(fill in the blank)" Is he alive? Maybe he has a wife or girlfriend and she caught him fooling around. Try not to take it so hard, I know that it can't be easy. But you deserve better than that, everybody does. Hopefully you can get over this, good luck!

This thing happened to me(altho via the internet, and we weren't dating, but he was like a best friend too,blah blah). There were often times there were days in between contact (time zones), but it took me months to realise what he actually did.

I was more annoyed I never got told than anything else! All those emails of little catch-ups I was sending when I was bored, then them turning into questioning *what are you upto* *maybe you're so busy working* ect emails. I think I'd have a lot of hate for him if he ever had the nerve to speak to me again, even tho there's something in me that still to this day ~wants~ an email from him.

I understand how you feel, but this guy doesn't deserve to ever be blessed with your presence in his life, even if he thinks otherwise. Even tho it took time for me, I hope it takes less time for you to get over his stupid ass, and to realise he's the one with the problem of not even having the balls to be honest with you.

I wish guys like that would get some form of karma, but I guess that's for the universe to dish out, not crazy women like me.

**oh, another thing**

To end up sounding like a stalker, I one day typed in some username of this particular guy to see what google would bring up. Turns out this guy didn't die or lose the internet forever or have a broken computer, or any disaster like that. His account for a particular site was up and active, showing dates spanning before the time we talked, upto say a few months ago.

Screw him, and his pathetic life without me.
    Last edited by Charisma; 12-06-10 at 09:59 AM. Reason: oh, and another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    This thing happened to me(altho via the internet, and we weren't dating, but he was like a best friend too,blah blah). There were often times there were days in between contact (time zones), but it took me months to realise what he actually did.

I was more annoyed I never got told than anything else! All those emails of little catch-ups I was sending when I was bored, then them turning into questioning *what are you upto* *maybe you're so busy working* ect emails. I think I'd have a lot of hate for him if he ever had the nerve to speak to me again, even tho there's something in me that still to this day ~wants~ an email from him.

I understand how you feel, but this guy doesn't deserve to ever be blessed with your presence in his life, even if he thinks otherwise. Even tho it took time for me, I hope it takes less time for you to get over his stupid ass, and to realise he's the one with the problem of not even having the balls to be honest with you.

I wish guys like that would get some form of karma, but I guess that's for the universe to dish out, not crazy women like me.

**oh, another thing**

To end up sounding like a stalker, I one day typed in some username of this particular guy to see what google would bring up. Turns out this guy didn't die or lose the internet forever or have a broken computer, or any disaster like that. His account for a particular site was up and active, showing dates spanning before the time we talked, upto say a few months ago.

Screw him, and his pathetic life without me.
    omg that guy seriously is a jerk =/