+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do friends make good partners?

Do friends make good partners?

Hi, im new so excuse me, I've recently fell in love with a girl who i've known since i was 6. I have feelings for her, but dont know weather or not to tell her, would that ruin the relationship? the friendship? i'll post again in the morning. Please help cos im stuck :o
    Last edited by seven770; 04-10-03 at 06:48 PM.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    starting off as friends is usually easier because you already know a lot about the other person and you know some of their good and bad qualities. you're able to be there for them when they need someone and you've put up with some of their irritating pet peeves. i would say that if you're willing to risk your friendship then try. there is no harm in trying but remember that she might not share the same feelings that you share for her. if i were in your shoes i would try rather than to always wonder. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Ok thankyou m8. Well i've decided that im going to tell her later on, and tell her that if she doesnt feel the same way back, its fine. I'll post back later with the results, cheers again m8.

Go for it man. You never know. Honestly think about the things she might say or do that would make you think she might like you. Sometimes you could have a general idea. Go for it.

Yeah its a good point, but, what if she doesnt look me? then the relationship could be screwed up, as a friend. And i dont want to loose her as a friend cos shes great. All my dreams are filled with her too :/ ive prayed and everything. Jesus

I told her and she told me that she doesnt feel the same way. I've asked her if she can keep our friendship and she said yes, but I get the feelings it won't be too easy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    nah trust me, i think that the more you worry about it the more you'll trip out. i was in the same situation where i told a friend that i had feelings for her. she didn't feel the same way but to this day i am still close to her. now in fact i joke around about it to her how she never gave me a chance. you just have to get past this beginning and you'll grow close again. raverboy

Ok, cheers mate. I've been quite happy tonight, for no particular reason, all her mates tell me, that she'll be fine with me, I dont suppose theres any chance that she could get the same feelings for me anytime in the future? she knows i like her.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well to be honest you never know what will happen in the future, i'll just say that you should let her be and just remain friends with her. if you don't find love in her, look elsewhere. raverboy

Why does love have to be so complicated? Lol Cheers m8