+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: flirting over IM

Usually you do know who's sitting behind the screen, because online dating profiles contain pictures. If someone doesn't have several good pictures of him or herself, you can just stay away.

You could use the video chat and so that way you are sure it's someone you want to talk to.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    And so what if you think your talking to a hot 25 year old blond woman when in reality you are actually talking to a 48 year old balding man?...you go take a shower and get the dirty feeling gone and try again...your bound to find somebody who will be honest about themselves.

I'll be honest with everybody here...I'm actually a 93 year old transvestite...bet nobody saw it coming.

Seriously though...don't worry about it...its all in good fun...if you meet somebody great if not what have you lost? An evening on the computer in your underwear eating Cheetos while taklin up somebody online and watchin the office?...not like your buyin the person a meal at a 5 star restaurant and droppin some major coin....of course there is the worst case scenario that its some sexually deviant serial killer who will rape and murder you but the chances of that are pretty small...unless you go into the I want to be raped and murdered chat room....thats why I said don't give out to much personal information until your sure you want to meet somebody in person and then only meet them outside of your home in a public place....no dark alley rendezvous or dinner at your place on the first date.
    You're a 93 year old transvestite who knows how to work a computer. Ha! Who has enough energy to work a computer.
    I wish you were my grandparent xD

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKong View Post
    Got a girl's IM screen name the other day who I sent a couple messages back and forth with on an online dating site. Hoping to chat her up tonight...but I've never met anybody online before and also haven't tried to get a date in over six years, so I have no idea what I'm doing. Wish me luck!
    I'm still hurting because of that online girl. Be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicdanger View Post
    You're a 93 year old transvestite who knows how to work a computer. Ha! Who has enough energy to work a computer.
    I wish you were my grandparent xD
    I really don't wanta know what you do with your grandparents.

I've recently dabbled in the on-line dating game and conclude it is a waste of time, effort and money. First contact.. exchanged emails/txts/phone calls for 6wks (I had to go overseas) then stood me up on our first date. So I changed tack and decided max two chats/emails then must meet. 2nd, 3rd & 4th dates happily proceeded this way, but all were workaholics and have no time to date. 5th, same process, but his profile did not match his build. Ge my drift!! 6th has exchanged 4 IM sessions in 3 days, can't meet cos he "claims" he has gone overseas for 3wks and "claims" he doesn't have a phone until he reaches his destination.

All full of sh*t basically so I deactivated my profile.

Actually, online dating services like lavalife, match.com, etc (the bigger named ones) are quite reliable because you have to pay to get a membership on there. It's free to surf and meet singles on there so it's a lot more trust worthy. With that being said, IM chatting is a great way to start talking to a woman. By chatting through an IM, both you and her are in a safety and comfort of your own home, which allows the dynamic of your conversation to flow more smooth and naturally. I find IM chatting to be an awesome way to meet quality women. For more information go to my site and i've written a post on electronic communication which covers IM chat, Text talk and emails.

Hope that helped.

Cheers,
    Aynka

I think you must be carefukl about meeting people via internet. Maybe he's a bad person. you'll never know. And if you know, then it's too late

I wish you good luck, Remember this: Read your IM's really carefully because sometimes it's hard to tell how the person is feeling just through IM. You probably already know this but BE YOURSELF. I think she would appreciate that. If your a kinda blunt person like me just be like "Hey i haven't dated in a really long time and i don't know what I'm doing so forgive me if i sound silly " Thats a good way to joke about it and get a good conversation going.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12