+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Discussion of marriage

Okay, "I would marry you tomorrow" is something my ex-husband used to say to me. He was a shitty husband. Why? Because he didn't actually want to be married. He just asked because we had a kid together and his mama told him he should get married. Saying "I do" was the last think he contributed to our relationship. After that, he figured it was a done deal and I should be happy with that.

I don't think you should marry this guy. He doesn't want to be married. It won't work unless he really wants it too.
    Spammer Spanker

Good to hear you didn't stay married to him! 'I would marry you tomorrow' sounds like something someone says to shut you up and make you think they will marry you. I think I have given up on trying to work out what he means when he says certain things. If he can't state what he means clearly then I'll just live my life until I make up my mind!

Thanks again everyone for your help!

Next time somebody tells you "I would marry you tomorrow," call his bluff. Ask him if he is available at noon.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Ha ha that's funny! Good idea, will be a good test to see whether he is serious. If he 'would marry me tomorrow' he would have proposed by now.

If you outside of the relationship when you're in it? When you marry you'll find yourself?

Funny thing is he now says he's not ready for marriage because he wants things to be perfect - not fighting about marriage, stable job but he also says I want to spend my life with you and would marry you tomorrow! He has been IT contracting for 3yrs earning a high income and his contract is ending in September so I think he's a bit stressed about this. He told me it would kill him to propose to me and not be able to give me the life I want. Now that we have discussed in a more calm manner I understand his fears but at the same time don't want to wait too long because he could just be bs and making excuses.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123