+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just wondering

just wondering

Just something I was thinking about- Do you think guys become emotionally attached as a result of sex in the same way that girls can? I have heard it said that guys are "physical" and girls are "emotional" therefore sex does not have the same effect on one than it does the other.

personally, I dont have sleep with someone until there is already some sort of an emotional bond there.. but I was just wondering what everyone else thought about this.

-Kayla-

Guys are quite capable of having sex with absolutely no emotional attachment whatsoever. They can stick it in there, blow their load and walk away and never think about you again. Most of them are not like this, but quite enough of them are, so protect yourself.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Guys are quite capable of having sex with absolutely no emotional attachment whatsoever. They can stick it in there, blow their load and walk away and never think about you again. Most of them are not like this, but quite enough of them are, so protect yourself.
    Yeah I figured as much. I actually know some girls like this too. I have a friend who goes looking just for that saying its meeting a physical need- like eating. I personally cant do that and I make sure theres some commitment there before I have sex.. bc I know the emotional consequences of it.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    To be fair, every guy has this capability - and I'm convinced part of every girl does too. It's whether we choose to shut off the emotions or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    To be fair, every guy has this capability - and I'm convinced part of every girl does too. It's whether we choose to shut off the emotions or not.
    I've never been able to do that, but to be fair, I've never tried.
    Spammer Spanker

i would want sort of bond with a woman I am having sex with. Maybe I;m old fashioned

Quote Originally Posted by roy_delene View Post
    i would want sort of bond with a woman I am having sex with. Maybe I;m old fashioned
    thats not old fashioned! I think MOST people are like that.. whether they admit it or not. There are of course the exceptions but I think most people prefer an emotional connection first- I believe thats the way nature designed us. So, guys, does sex strenghten an already existing bond or is it just a physical expression of a bond created by other means? I know for me, my experience as a girl, has been sex strengthens and adds to emotions and bonds that are already there.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think guys are BETTER able to shut off the emotions and do so way more often. But I think plently of women have this capability as well.

I have this theory that a woman is your partner and together you love each other and you make love and make babies and you start a family together. Thats why when a man looks at his pregnant wife she's the most beautiful thing in his eyes. because there is his future his family,his offspring and the woman he loves and wants to be with forever. And thinking about it makes me all choked up inside it brings a tear to my eye thinking about it
    I had to edit this because this is what I thought when I was younger and was filled with youthful optimism or whatever.
    No you don't need to have kids or anything like that but its good to have an emotional bond with a woman you;re having sex with
    Last edited by roy_delene; 10-07-10 at 02:57 AM. Reason: sheesh

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_delene View Post
    I have this theory that a woman is your partner and together you love each other and you make love and make babies and you start a family together. Thats why when a man looks at his pregnant wife she's the most beautiful thing in his eyes. because there is his future his family,his offspring and the woman he loves and wants to be with forever. And thinking about it makes me all choked up inside it brings a tear to my eye thinking about it
    What if you don't want kids?

In order for me to derive any sort of enjoyment from sex, I must be emotionally attached. I mean, I can enjoy sex for what it is, but I'm nowhere near the right mindset to have an orgasm. The whole time I'm moaning and going at him, I can only think, "Yup. Just another guy I'm bangin'. Whatever." I enjoy making the guy feel good, but when they ask about getting me off, I couldn't be bothered. I shouldn't be required to open up emotionally if all the guy wants is sex. So, I screw him and leave.

This is why I wait to have sex when I'm in a relationship. I know that the more I care for the guy, the better the sex will be, and the better my orgasm.

then my theory wouldn't work for you.

I dont want kids. Dont have them, dont want them. Does that mean sex cant be a fullfilling part of a relationship? Does sex have more of a purpose than just for pro-creation? It is meant to bond two people together.. but then again..if the bond is not for the purpose of raising a child then for what?!?

Sex for a guy has absolutely no emotional qualities. It's pure sexual enjoyment. In fact, we men are usually irritated by our strong hormones, like flies buzzing around our heads. Sex is just the scratch to the itch that relieves us from our frustration. Afterward, we have a clear mind and usually focus back on our priorities. There is absolutely no emotional engagement - we don't think about how much we love you, or how we want to spend the rest of our lives with you - just how big and round your ass is and how we'd love to bang you like an animal. In fact, there's not much thinking at all.
    A guy usually gets attached long before having sex, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    I dont want kids. Dont have them, dont want them. Does that mean sex cant be a fullfilling part of a relationship? Does sex have more of a purpose than just for pro-creation? It is meant to bond two people together.. but then again..if the bond is not for the purpose of raising a child then for what?!?
    don't listen to me I don't know what I;m saying :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast