+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why are men so afraid of woman?

Why are men so afraid of woman?

Why do men prefer indirect ways to make women understand that they are tired of them instead of saying that directly?
    just want some love...

They probably do it in order to come out "nice", instead of facing the truth heads on and taking responsibility. Its their version of being "politically correct". Though you are mistaken about something, your not talking about men, your talking about boys.

YOu are great as always
    just want some love...

to me, i am afraid that they cant take it directly.

I always said it in the face, and yes you must mean boys not men.
    Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
    Franklin P. Jones

My hope died long time ago.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by aksy View Post
    Why do men prefer indirect ways to make women understand that they are tired of them instead of saying that directly?
    Because women can be mean or overly emotional about these things. You KNOW this is true. They are trying to avoid conflict.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

personally I would prefer if he said me that directly so that I could not cherish any hope, it would be painful, but will help me to move on
    just want some love...

Oddly enough, doesn't it go both ways? Aren't women err...girls(?)...just as cryptic about breaking up with a person? Either way, people in general are afraid of conflict and do their best to avoid it, even if it makes them look bad or even if it gives the other person hope. There's no consideration for the other person's feelings, they just want to spare their own.

i agree with Mister Wizard...I think its all about self preservation,yeah you don't want to hurt the other person's feelings but you don't want to look like an ass either.In my eyes i would rather have honesty right up front then to find out later that the other person lied to me...yeah it hurts to hear your not wanted anymore but i think down the line after the smoke clears you will have more respect for that person...
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by aksy View Post
    personally I would prefer if he said me that directly so that I could not cherish any hope, it would be painful, but will help me to move on
    I hear you, but that all changes once you're head over hills in love with a guy who YOU wanna marry and start a family with. It's crazy how love changes everything!

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Because women can be mean or overly emotional about these things. You KNOW this is true. They are trying to avoid conflict.
    so true, but what they don't realize is that they create more conflict going this route...

good example: the guy who posted the other day from scotland. he doesn't want to be with his gf anymore because she's too crazy and controlling. but he doesn't want to deal with the hassle of telling her, so he's just going to string her along until his job becomes permanent and he can just say he's never coming back home. he's been with her for almost a year and she is threatening to kill herself. if he had just gotten rid of the girl when he knew he wasn't interested (a long time ago) he wouldn't have to be dealing with all her emotional crap (at least to the level it's at now). my experience has involved guys who almost always choose to downplay stuff to avoid conflict and then have it come right back in their face full force later on. when will they learn?

same goes to everyone, male or female, almost anything that involves trying to "avoid conflict" leads to trouble later...
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

I've only broken up twice...

First one was a mutual break up, we were both heading different ways in life, no harm done... we broke up on a "deadline" essentially.

Second time was with my ex... who I took 90 minutes of trains just to get to her house at 8pm, spoke to her mom.. telling her I wanted to speak with her daughter, then spoke with my ex... telling her that I don't have feelings for her and we have 0 chance of getting back together. It was a long talk, she was emotional, etc... but going up to her, telling her straight up that we have NO CHANCE AT ALL helped her... kind of... (Got a random text message 6 months later from her telling me she loves me and misses me... <_< never responded)

Double split? What woman prefers? My wife in the second question was never confused

I prefer women to speak to me directly and tell me whats on their mind

Quote Originally Posted by roy_delene View Post
    I prefer women to speak to me directly and tell me whats on their mind
    Only in a perfect world?