+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Has anyone's boyfriend ever fallen in love with other women?

Has anyone's boyfriend ever fallen in love with other women?

I'm new here... I am so hurt and I don't know where to turn to for advice. My boyfriend believes it is possible to fall in love with many women and has told me that he loves others as well as me. I'm so hurt by this, but I find it hard to break up with him because I love him and I'd feel lost without him... but it kills me that he loves other people.

Has anyone experienced this before? Can you give me advice?

I'm so upset I am crying and I feel like vomiting.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, I did. He also therefore believed it was appropriate to put his dick in them. The next logical step, I guess.

Your bf is not for you unless you're alright with this, which I gather you're not. Find someone who will love only you. He won't change his mind if he's already telling you this is how it is. I think he's either telling you this to drive you away so he can be with other girls, or he really IS interested in other people as well as you and is counting on you to put up with it because you 'love' him. He's not worth your love either way.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
    I'm new here... I am so hurt and I don't know where to turn to for advice. My boyfriend believes it is possible to fall in love with many women and has told me that he loves others as well as me. I'm so hurt by this, but I find it hard to break up with him because I love him and I'd feel lost without him... but it kills me that he loves other people.
    It depends on what kind of love he is talking about. After all the love of Jesus and mother Mary or love for friends/brothers and siters that some people feel is very different to romantic love for multiple partners that the cheaters subscribe to.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

If I were you, I'd end it.

Do I believe it's possible to love other people? Sure. But not in the sense of having a romantic relationship with more than one person.. which I'm assuming is where he's headed with this. I mean, I love my friends, my family, my dog-- but not in the same way I love my boyfriend. For me, personally, when I'm in love with someone.. I may find other people attractive, sure.. but I'd never act on it or claim I was also "in love" with them.

I know you feel you'll be lost without him.. but speaking from my own experience here, it's better to end it now than try to get through the damage this can cause you. If claiming he's "in love" with other women hurts you, how do you expect it will feel when he acts on these "feelings" in a physical way? Are you going to stick around after he has sex with these women too?

This guy is misconstruing the word "love" with "infatuation". To be confusing the two, one has to be quite immature and inexperienced at relationships in general. I'm guessing this guy hasn't ever really worked toward a long-term relationship with one woman because he's too busy chasing everything else.

He's not going to change for you, and there is no way that you can convince him to remain faithful. If this is how he wants it and you can't handle it (which it is clear that you can't), then you need to let him go. I'm a one-man woman and would never settle for anything less than total faithfulness and commitment.