+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how do you get your crap back?

how do you get your crap back?

So I left my fiance like 3 months ago because she was cheating and I packed up what I could in 3 minutes and left. Important shit like my laptop and the stuff I thought I'd forget about later.

She bought a house with her new b/f ~8 hours away and they move in sometime this week or next, I don't feel like talking to her but I need my shit. What does a guy do? Do I ring up Scrambles the Death Dealer (her nickname, bestowed upon her by my friends who now tell me they 'put up with her' when she was around) and ask for my cd's, dvd's and clothes back or do I just let her move away and forget about her and write off my shit.

Want the ring back to sell on dollars for gold though, could use the cash right now.

I know this is 'the busiest week of her life' so I'm sure I'll get that excuse if I called anyways, but I want my shit... especially things like my ipod adapter and workout gear.

Does a brother call or just accept the losses?
    Women... They smell nice but they are soul murderers. - William Murderface

A brother should have called the day after the breakup and demanded the shit. I think there's a time limit on these things, and you may have passed it. I wouldn't be surprised if she threw all of your things away by now.

Doesn't hurt to ask, though.
    Spammer Spanker

It's actually only been 2 months now by my calculations, not 3.

Alright, I didn't know if it was OK to ask for shit back or not. If its ok I'll text.
    It probably is thrown out though.

This is why I don't want to keep anything that belongs to my ex. I've packed everything for him. He had to come back for his bike though. I had to keep asking him to come and pick it up ASAP. When he did, I made sure I didn't see him. Eveything he gave or bought for me was nicely packaged along with his bike. How the hell did I miss his stupid football? It was under the bed! I am not gonna contact him for that.

On the other hand, if I had left something that's so important to me, I would send shipping charges to him and ask him to send them back to me. If the person is nice and mature enough, it shouldn't be too hard to do for her/his once beloved person now matter how busy....

Yeah, I told her just to do whatever she is comfortable with, I have no problems seeing her or not seeing her. Though that was a mistake, original plan was about an hour and a half ago and I'm about ready to go out and don't have time to wait around. One last reminder of how reliable she's always been I guess.