+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friendship is out of the question?

You are emotionally attached. This is why she has the power to hurt you and that is why it is hard to break away.

In what way does she hurt you though? When she decides to distance and withdraw?

Yeah. I already got over her once and then she came back into my life and left so quickly. Thats what hurt

Would it be stupid to think that she has distanced herself to stop those feelings redeveloping? Scared that she might end up feeling more again?
    Not a stupid thought. It could well be that she distances and to try to not get so attached again.

Tbh i don't think she ever was in love with me, but I'm pretty sure she felt SOMETHING more than friendship.
    Well she'd confessed to feeling more hadn't she. Which is why you tried the relationship. Her feelings for you may have been stronger than she had let on they had.

Yeah. I already got over her once and then she came back into my life and left so quickly. Thats what hurt
    Well when I'd leave quickly, is when I knew his feelings had not changed....that he was still seeing me as a friend. I kept living in hope you see and that his feelings would change (she could be doing the same) - but over time I realised they would never change, that he'd never see me as anything more than a friend. That is when I exited for good.

Thank you so much for the help. I really do appreciate it. I think thats all I needed. I am genuinely grateful for this, I just needed my head cleared, if you know what I mean?

Yeah, know what you mean. Good luck anyway

I'm not sure about her feelings by the way. (Sorry I missed something you posted earlier lol) She argued with me about it "Its not love! We havent know each other long enough! Your talking rubbish!" (about my feelings for her) Could past bad relationships (Coz she hasn't had good luck in the past) could make her think that I'm not actually in love with her? (Some of her past boyfriends were obsessive)

If you had been rushing and quite early after you got to know her, she may have doubted your feelings were real. May have thought you were after 'one' thing, because she could have trusted guys before and rushed in and they let her down. We tend to be more cautious and wary if we've been hurt.

Also if she is used to being treated like crap, she may have become accustomed to being treated like crap...so she will be suspicious of any guy who wasn't treating like her crap.

Okay thanks again. I'll bare everything you have said to me in mind if anything happens. I really appreciate it. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12